Customs Entry Writer
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Customs Entry Writer to provide expertise
on U.S. import and export regulations, documentation and compliance
matters to help us win in the market.
What you'll do:
- Timely prepare and process Customs and PGA (Partner Government
Agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United
- Process ISF (Importer Security Filings) in timely
- Review import documents for accuracy and follow up with
vendors, carriers, forwarders and others as needed.
- Work closely with other departments within the company
- Perform review of import and export entries to ensure
compliance, identify noncompliance issues and initiate actions or
provide guidance on the actions required.
- Works with CBP and others to resolve problems relating to the
- Maintain online system files in the IOR module for Canadian
shipments, which extend from raw material vendors through
manufacturing, pricing, order entry, shipping and customs
- Addresses a diverse range of inquiries related to USMCA
eligibility, documentation and compliance.
- Approve and code broker export invoices.
What you have:
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- USMCA experience, as well as HTS classification and
documentation and Free Trade agreements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience processing import/export entry
- Must be capable of filing and following ISF
- Ensure compliance with regards to PGA agencies such as USDA,
FDA, EPA, etc.
- Understanding of the HTS classification and Inco-Terms
- Knowledge of Customs audit procedures, import/export
regulations and documentation.
- Accounting and transportation experience, working with multiple
What you're good at:
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Access and Microsoft
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Works well with team members and other departments
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet
deadlines while ensuring compliance.
- Well organized when working under pressure
- Experience with ABI software; EDITRADE preferred.
- While we're a primarily in-office team, we thrive on
flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and
- We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to
see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Roswell , Customs Entry Writer, Advertising , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!