Staff Engineer, Cloud and Platform
Posted on: November 19, 2021
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's Tech
provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the
business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected
commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our team to help
shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail
technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech,
application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app -
you'll have opportunities to grow your career while finding
meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview: This Staff
Software Engineer role in Macy's Technology is a leader in the
design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform
application systems. Translate business requirements into
well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are
used by the business, and support these systems while in
production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most
efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements
and design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required
software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of
software technologies, including new code construction,
modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package
implementation. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential
- Lead the development of the strategy and technical design for
large work type 2 and 3 projects, i.e. define timelines and project
plans, analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and
compatibility with hardware and other programs; ensure that
expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or
- Recommend vendors for projects, and negotiates terms/conditions
with vendors, and support evaluation of new technical direction and
approach with recommendations to Macy's Technology senior
- Lead the coding/configuration, testing, implementation and
documentation of solution and develop detailed design
- Perform complex applications programming activities, including
code, test, debugging, documentation, maintenance, and modification
to complex application programs.
- Monitor and establish operating efficiency of existing
application systems and provide (or arrange for) proactive
maintenance; lead the resolution of customer inquiries.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to
include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical expert on existing applications and other
inter-related/adjacent systems and applications.
- Design systems/applications with high level of complexity (e.g.
many interfaces, multiple packages, platforms).
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and use
this information to significantly influence future business
- Generate technical and/or business systems knowledge and ideas
from external sources and incorporate those ideas into IT
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance &
punctuality. Qualifications and Competencies
- 8-10 years of "hands-on" experience with Java Enterprise, Java
application servers (Websphere, or Weblogic, or JBOSS), and
relational databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server).
- 3-5 years of "hands-on" experience with Web Services and
Messaging Layer using SOAP, REST, JAXB, JMS.
- In-depth knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and
service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Deep technical understanding of the technologies in the
enterprise systems; includes (but not limited to) Java/J2EE,
Spring, Hibernate, EMS, Kafka, JBoss, RDBMS, Cloud/Microservices,
Caching, Secure Development Lifecycle, Distributed Processing.
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps process and tools, and
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the application flow and
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. This job description is not all-inclusive, and
Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any
time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed
to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for
positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for
positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates
for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here. TECH00
Keywords: Macy--s, Roswell , Staff Engineer, Cloud and Platform, Engineering , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!