Lead Engineer - Digital User Interface
Posted on: June 24, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's Tech
provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the
business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected
commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our team to help
shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail
technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech,
application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app -
you'll have opportunities to grow your career while finding
meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview: -Lead, Software
Engineering at Macy's Technology reports to the Manager, Software
Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software
engineering technical direction and development of enterprise
solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor
for the engineering team that supports a product. You create, own
and are responsible for the application architecture that best
serves the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You
identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature
development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have
deep and broad engineering skills and are capable of standing up an
architecture in its whole on your own, but you choose to influence
a wider team by acting as a "force multiplier". Job duties may
change at any time due to business needs. - Perform other duties as
assigned. Essential Functions:
- -Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed
- Create/review technical design documentation and Provide
leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance
to team members.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a
high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in junior
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. - -
Qualifications and Competencies
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or
related field strongly preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and
high-volume enterprise systems.
- Must have in depth knowledge in front end technologies -
experience is preferred (Vue/React/Angular/Backbone), NodeJS,
Express, Unit testing with Jasmine/Jest/Mocha/Karma, templating
experience with Handlebars or others, SASS, Foundation, Macys-cli,
Macys Polaris understanding, Gitlab, Git & -Jenkins to name a
- Good to have an understanding of Java and willingness to
understand how the UI layer communicates with upstream and
downstream systems to attain the data.
- 3+ years of experience in Building cloud-native applications in
private & public cloud (GCP preferred) mainly focussed on Front end
- 4+ years of experience with open source technology technologies
in a high volume distributed environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that
prioritizes continuous integration -and continuous deployment.
- Experience in multi-channel retail technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. - - TECH00 -
Keywords: Macy's, Roswell , Lead Engineer - Digital User Interface, Engineering , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!