Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Major and established brand name company at a high volume
manufacturing site commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA
metropolitan area for a Supplier Quality Engineer. - They recruit
and develop people from diverse backgrounds who can bring their
skills and experience to their organization and make them even more
effective. - Very good benefits and relocation assistance are
available with this position as well as 3% bonus potential. -
- Leads Supplier SREA changes, collects & reviews Supplier PPAP
documentation with CFT members, review and analyze supplier
performance for ongoing statistical controls to ensure the
company's and customers quality requirements are met on assigned
products and programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategies for the training of
Supplier Quality Assurance and Inspections on new and existing
testing equipment utilized on floor and labs to include but not
limited to calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision Systems, Digital
Hardness Testers, contour tracers, surface testers, and roundness
- Improve receiving inspection process for supplier
- Develop, implement, and maintain inspection standards for
auditing of raw materials and products at different stages in the
receiving/manufacturing shipping process.
- Effectively coordinate auditing and documentation of raw
materials and products at different stages of the manufacturing
- Lead projects to improve quality of processes, products, and
components as a result of internal/external findings or customer
complaints. Perform joint analysis of complex problems with
suppliers monitoring 8D submission and review, design,
manufacturing, and other departments, to determine root cause and
support development of countermeasures.
- Leads or participates in Kaizen activities to analyze and
review countermeasures by supplier concerns associated with
processes, equipment, and completed parts.
- Performs annual CQI assessments for internal Special Process
identified for all programs to conform to Customer Specific
Requirements. Maintains and Reviews Special Process Systems
Assessment, such as CQI 9 Heat Treat Systems Assessment, for all
Supplier processes to conform to Customer Specific
- Document data, maintain database and develop computerized
status reports related to inspection activities, nonconforming
items, and other process, material, or product quality related
- Oversee and monitor activities of the product sorting function
and return of defective parts, including problem analysis,
training, and assignment.
- Develop, implement and maintain full layout inspections from
suppliers for all raw materials and CpK for all special
characteristics, identify vital points and communicate to supplier
to conform to Customer Specific Requirements.
- Engineering related bachelor's degree in related field with a
minimum of three (3) years experience. Proficiency in use of ATS,
SPC, FMEA, and knowledge of calipers, micrometers, CMM, Vision
Systems, and other measuring equipment. (Preferably experience in
automotive manufacturing environment)
- Customer-service and detail orientation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including
demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work as part of a
- Proven QC technical skills (Capability Studies, APQP,
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts.
- Supervisory experience will include two years supervising
- Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint. Some Access
Responsible for the direction and supervision of
Keywords: Job Juncture, Roswell , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!