Principal Engineering, Search
Posted on: June 25, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy's Tech
provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the
business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected
commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our team to help
shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail
technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech,
application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app -
you'll have opportunities to grow your career while finding
meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview: -A Principal
Engineer is a hands-on subject matter expert who is responsible for
the overall software design of many components within a system and
can lead the technical implementation of multiple initiatives. -
The ideal candidate will have had experience of working in high
paced environment and good knowledge of varying domains. This
Principal Engineer will need to have strong Java, Python, Data
Structures and algorithms experience and be hands-on, as well as
have some packaged software design and implementation experience.
The successful applicant will work closely with Product Managers,
Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Principal Engineers, Quality
Assurance Engineers and Architects in a highly collaborative
environment to provide quality software and solutions, while
providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and
on budget. - The position requires strong cross-team &
cross-functional coordination/collaboration and even stronger
communication skills working with senior management, technology
leadership peers, key business partners, technical staff, and
external partners. - Someone with great interpersonal skills, who
also enjoys dealing with tight schedules and has the capability to
solve complex problem will thrive in our high energy, fast paced
environment. - Be willing to take on additional engineering and
leadership duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Hands-on system design and development.
- Work in an Agile collaborative environment - including
ceremonies, iterative development, estimations and design
- Partner with product managers and engineers to prototype
cutting-edge technologies such as machine learning and test them
with production data.
- Assist in resolving technical roadblocks.
- Articulate and provide clarity on technical and business
trade-offs associated with system design.
- Mentor other engineers and participate in code reviews.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. - - - - - - - -
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5+ years experience contributing to architecture, design
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Java programming.
- Experience with migrating workloads from on-prem to cloud such
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. - TECH00 -
Keywords: Macy's, Roswell , Principal Engineering, Search, Engineering , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!