Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SUMMARYThe Manufacturing Engineer/Continuous improvement
engineer provides production support for manufacturing process and
technical drawings. The ME/CI Engineer assists in developing and
supporting continuous improvement tools across the organization. At
the manager's discretion, the ME/CI Engineer works independently
within established procedures associated with the specific job
function.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
- Support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the
- Observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars
relevant to this position
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit
rules, employment policies and safety policies
- Create graphical representations of special and standard
customer order requirements
- Takes initiative to identify and analyze problems in a logical
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly,
and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify,
modify and plan fabrication requirements and assembly
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all
- Review technical documents to plan work.
- Ability to interface with manufacturing, marketing, quality
assurance, vendors and customers.
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in
written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve
efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management
requirements of departments or end users.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and
distribution systems in collaboration with other information
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and
assemble parts or products and to promote efficient
- Collect data about customer needs.
- Document operational procedures.
- Eliminate interruptions to operations by providing clear
documentation/drawings for manufacturing completion
- Source, create and repair tooling for production equipment
- Any other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required - Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial
- Required - Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in Metal,
Plastic, and Fabric fabrication/production, assembly, slitting, and
distribution processes continuous improvement
- Required - Competency with Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Required - Competency with Automation Design
- Required - High Competency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
Keywords: Habasit, Roswell , Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!