Company: Ampirical Solutions
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We'd love to have you join our team as an Engineering Aide in
our Lilburn, Georgia office.
Since 2006, Ampirical has developed an outstanding industry track
record for bringing complex and diverse electrical transmission and
distribution projects to completion. With over 70 years' experience
combined in this industry alone, Ampirical's founders have a long
history of fulfilling their mission in Engineering "Power-ful"
Whether it is engineering design, system protection, cybersecurity,
project management, or construction management, our team is
committed to bringing technology to the power industry while
understanding, respecting, and protecting the reliability of the
Working at Ampirical is a career, not just a job. Please enjoy this
video about our culture.
The Engineering Aide assists designers and engineers in the
production of designs and drawings. You'll also assist with site
commissioning including operating relay and CT test equipment.
Engineering Aides ensure that all work is performed to the
customer's expectations. This position will spend on average up to
25% of the time on construction sites and will move around active
What we Offer:
We offer a competitive highly compensation & benefits package for
all full-time employees. You can review all of the details of our
benefits package here. Below are some highlights.
* Medical, Dental, and Vision effective your 1st day of
* 401(k) with company match (immediate vesting)
* 120 hours (about 15 days) of paid time off (PTO)
* 10 paid holiday days
* Flexible work schedule (every other Friday off)
* Opportunity for advancement and career growth
* Employer-sponsored Life Insurance, short-term and long-term
* Gym Membership Stipend
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Wellness Program
* Pet Insurance
Who You Are:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Trade School or Associates Degree within an engineering or
related field is strongly preferred
* Design experience in AutoCAD and/or Bentley Microstation
* Teamwork oriented attitude
* Basic knowledge of power engineering and its sub-disciplines,
equipment, and industry code/standards
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and develop layouts for power systems.
* Assist in production of detailed drawings.
* Work closely with other designers and engineers on different
levels of projects.
* Operate relay test equipment on job sites.
* Operates Current Transformer (CT) test equipment on job
* Operate Megger on job sites.
* Perform physical inspections of grounds, structures, buses,
* Create fault calculations in MathCad or equivalent.
* Create models and TCC's in SKM and/or ETAP (engineering
Ampirical is an Equal Opportunity Employer, meaning we do not
discriminate based on the following characteristics in our hiring
and employment practices: Age, sex, color, race, creed, national
origin, religion or religious attire, marital status, pregnancy
(child birth or related medical conditions), citizenship status or
amnesty, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, physical or mental
disability, military or veteran status, genetic information,
sickle-cell trait, status as a tobacco user or non-user, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Ampirical Solutions, Roswell , Engineering Aide, Engineering , Lilburn, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!