Manager Strickland Family Medicine
Company: Northside Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Position DescriptionThe clinic manager of ambulatory services is
accountable for the provision of effective, high quality patient
care within the Family Medicine outpatient clinics. The role
encompasses multiple responsibilities including management and
evaluation of clinical practice and patient care delivery;
management of human resources; compliance with regulatory and
professional standards and interdisciplinary collaboration. The
clinic manager of ambulatory services aligns the mission, vision,
and values of the Hospital System with clinical practice and
educational activities of Family Medicine outpatient clinic. The
clinic manager of ambulatory services, as a change agent, is
accountable for implementation of strategies that result in
positive patient outcomes and works with the medical director of
the Family Medicine outpatient clinic and program director of the
Family Medicine Residency program to provide an environment
conducive for ambulatory graduate medical education. The clinic
manager of ambulatory services will be responsible for data
collection, internal and external quality improvement activities.
In addition, the clinic manager of ambulatory services will also
provide clinical care in the ambulatory and inpatient setting
within scope of practice.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1.
Leads the department's monthly meeting, and other related meetings
as member or consultant to hospital committees.2. Assumes direct
responsibility for leading the quality improvement initiatives for
assigned area.3. Develops and sustains an environment conducive to
excellence in patient care by:
- Assessing patient outcomes, patient satisfaction and
patient/family responses to therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluating the processes, resources, and patient care delivery
system to assure appropriate medical care for Family Medicine
outpatient clinic patients4. Evaluates service line effectiveness
in providing for the optimum level of patient care by:
- Utilizing Performance Improvement concepts in the assessment of
redesign of patient care processes.
- Identifying innovative approaches to the delivery of patient
care in the ambulatory setting
- Supporting the integration of advanced technology in the
delivery of patient care.5. Demonstrates accountability for the
effective and efficient use of human resources in the provision of
patient care by:
- Planning for appropriate skill mix to support the delivery of
patient care utilizing staffing matrix and/or national and industry
standards as guidelines.
- Adjusting staffing/skill mix as needed based on staff
competence and practice needs.
- Utilizing appropriate skills and tools in recruiting,
interviewing and selecting new staff.
- Providing leadership development of the clinical staff through
mentoring, coaching and education.
- Promoting and monitoring continuing education, development
opportunities, and certification of staff.The Strickland Family
Medicine Center is a state-of-the-art family medicine teaching
facility that will help transform the health of Gwinnett community.
The family medicine center is focused on engagement between the
patient, their family and the broader medical team. Families now
have access to medical care from trusted physicians who can meet
all of their needs in one location as a range of treatment options
are available from newborn care to geriatrics, and including
maternity care.Position RequirementsKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Five years' experience as a registered nurse,
- Three (3) years leadership experience in a health care
- Required: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited BSN
- Required: Certified by the American Heart Association in BLS
and ACLSKNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
- Registered Nurse (RN) or advanced nursing degree (e.g. NP, PA,
- Advanced degree in healthcare administration, analytics or
related field of study.
- 1 year of care / case / utilization management experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of population health,
care management / coordination, and clinical quality
- Experience working in or with primary care ambulatory
- Healthcare quality and process improvement experience including
training or experience with Six Sigma, Lean or other process
management tools and methodologies.
- Experience with databases, statistics and mapping
- Experience in the selection, development and implementation of
evidence-based clinical guidelines.
- Experienced user of clinical information systems (i.e.
electronic health record, practice management systems, disease
registries, clinical analytic systems)
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians and members of
- Ability to work independently with under general direction
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytic skills with the proven ability to use data to
drive improvementLicense/Certification Requirements: YesWork Hours:
8a-5pWeekend Requirements: NoOn-Call Requirements: No
Keywords: Northside Hospital, Roswell , Manager Strickland Family Medicine, Executive , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!