Operations Manager - No Weekends
Company: Patterson Companies
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares
about your success. One of the distinguishing marks of our company
is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always
advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds
in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and
experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they
build a stronger and successful organization. Job Summary Partners
with General Manager to develop strategy and achieve Branch
objectives. Directs and supervises all Branch operational functions
including but not limited to Service Department, Equipment
Department, Customer Service, Accounting, and Inventory. Implement
organizational best practices within branch. Essential Functions To
perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform
each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable
accommodation. To request a reasonable accommodation, notify Human
Resources or the manager who oversees the position.
- Manage Accounting & Financial Activities : Manage branch profit
and loss performance against goals; partner with Branch Manager to
develop budgets and allocate financial resources to achieve
business goals; manage accounts payable and accounts receivable,
make decisions and recommendations on delinquent accounts.
- Customer Service: Responsible for partnering with Branch
Manager to create a customer service culture with in the branch.
Resolve customer problems or concerns; manage Customer Service
personnel; manage Service Department; assess customer satisfaction
- Inventory Management: Manage merchandise, parts, and equipment
inventory processes and inventory turns; responsible for resolution
of inventory variances; play active role in excess inventory
liquidation. Partnering with Operations Manager to create a
customer service culture within the branch.
- Performance Management: Create a culture of teamwork that
promotes mutual trust and respect among all branch personnel.
Establish a culture that promotes high levels of commitment and
productivity; employ strategies to motivate employees and maintain
morale. Review and evaluate the work of direct reports to assess
job performance; coach and mentor employees to improve their
performance; create performance improvement plans when
- Staffing: Participate in the selection process; make hiring and
promotion decisions or recommendations; determine personnel needs
to ensure coverage on all jobs and that branch obligations are met.
- Manages direct reports including the hiring, development,
performance management, goal setting, and other managerial
- Ensures direct reports are aware of and follow established
business policies, practices, and Company's Code of Conduct to
create a supportive and productive working environment. .
Additional functions In addition to the essential functions listed
above, the incumbent may perform the following additional
- Administrative: Implement policies, procedures, guidelines, and
standards; identify process improvements to increase efficiency or
reduce costs; manage process to audit files and records for
compliance; plan and organize meetings or seminars; schedule or
authorize training for employees; approve time cards, overtime and
time off requests. Job Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Degree in general business.
- Previous management experience.
- Experience in finance, inventory management, accounting or
- Dental industry knowledge. Working Conditions Physical Demands
- This position requires: moderate physical activity
- Sitting or standing: Position requires both sitting which
includes driving and standing
- Operating a computer or other office devices for the majority
of the workday
- Must be able to communicate with others in person, over the
phone, and in writing.
- Must be able to understand and effectively exchange accurate
information with others such as coworkers, customers and
- Must be able to read and interpret various electronic and
written documents. Environmental Factors
- This position is in an office environment in which team members
occupy desks in assigned areas or at meeting/collaboration spaces
within the building. The building's primary work areas consist of
desks, chairs, computers and other office equipment and devices for
- This position requires traveling to customer locations and
providing services and support to customers. Travel and On-Call
This position requires co-travel and overnight stay. We provide
competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program. EEO Statement As a people-first
company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates
diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees' unique
experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our
success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are
Patterson. We welcome you.
Keywords: Patterson Companies, Roswell , Operations Manager - No Weekends, Executive , Snellville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!