Posted on: September 25, 2022
Overview:Join the winning team! Transdev located in Norcross, GA
is hiring for the Operations Manager position.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing daily activities
of all operators and coordinates the activities of supervisors and
dispatch personnel. Oversees scheduling of operators; monitors
operations and coordinates delivery of service with superiors. The
Operations Manager will also work closely with the maintenance
department to ensure that all operation requirements are
- Supervises A.M./P.M. sign in boards to ensure all routes run on
- Monitors radio communications during route times. Ensures that
delays in service are recorded and communicated to the customer.
Ensures that all accidents or breakdowns are handled
- Monitor's operator absence and tardiness. Initiates appropriate
disciplinary action in a manner consistent with company/location
- Is available during and after pullout to assist operators with
questions or problems. Supervises the communication of operator
concerns or route changes with the Customer.
- Assists in meeting customer requirements. Follow up on all
customer issues in a timely manner.
- Assists the Director of Operations with supervision of location
staff. Communicates job requirements and expectations. Monitors the
performance of staff and provides coaching and guidance as
- Ensures that Transdev meets all Affirmative Action and ADA
requirements. Enforces Transdev's commitment to Affirmative Action
with employees, vendors, veterans, and disabled applicants.
- Assists in problem solving and human resources regarding
Transdev employees, taking the initiative to 'make things better'
and promote the 'Preferred Employer' philosophy at the
- Takes corrective action with an employee who fails to meet
company policy or customer policy/standards in accordance with the
local Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Shall be fully trained and capable of running other departments
in the event of a vacancy.
- In conjunction with the Safety and Training Manager, ensures
all federal, state, local and company recordkeeping requirements
- Maintains the appropriate license requirement to drive a route
- Performs other management requests and directives as assigned
to ensure the efficient operation of the contract and
- Handles all departmental scheduling and ensures daily accuracy
and payroll accuracy.
- Responsible for all departments and department reporting
specializing in Paratransit and Paratransit reports.
- Other duties as required. Qualifications:EDUCATION, LICENSING,
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License with Passenger
and Airbrake endorsement required
- Minimum three (3) years of operations experience in a fixed
route operation, or airport shuttle service of similar size and
- 3 or more years of relevant transit supervisory and paratransit
- Paratransit experience is a must!
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of basic provincial laws, ordinances and
regulations underlying the transit operation
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
system's staff and operational departments
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and relevant database programs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details
- Ability to work effectively with labor; may include labor
grievances and negotiations
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include weekends and
- Travel requirement:
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request. Associated topics: fertilize,
fork lift, garden, manufacture, mow, plant, plant management,
production management, prune, ship
Keywords: transdevna, Roswell , Operations Manager, Executive , Grayson, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!