Company: BJM Employer Inc
Posted on: January 23, 2023
BJM Group is a network of local accounting firms throughout Georgia
and Florida. We acquire firms with strong community presence,
stellar reputations and deep client relationships and then invest
in their future through technology, operations, training, staffing,
marketing, and other essential resources. While the local firms
under BJM may differ, we are one network and one team with a
unified mission of profitable growth and outstanding client
service: providing top-notch accounting, tax, auditing,
bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our Company is growing! And we
are looking for an experienced Tax Manager with an active CPA or EA
to join our team at the Duluth, Georgia branch location! Read the
description below and apply today. To learn more about BJM Group,
please visit m Why Should you work for BJM?
- We offer 100% Employer paid Health Insurance with dental &
- We match dollar for dollar up to 4% in 401k - Employee
contributions 100% vested from hire!
- We value work/life balance. Offering 9.5 paid holidays, 17 days
paid time off (PTO), comp time (for applicable staff) and remote
- We pay for professional development, certifications and
- We reward stellar performance with opportunities to earn
- We have a free employee discount program!
- We are committed to providing a healthy and wholesome workplace
culture with a team environment that is both positive and
- We are a growing network of firms with lots of opportunities
for career growth & advancement!Job Summary:The Tax Manager is a
tax expert that manages the team to greater performance. You will
manage the accurate preparation of tax forms and ensure compliance
with applicable tax laws. You will ensure compliance through
optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful function
of the team. Location: Duluth, GA (in office)Classification: Full
Time - ExemptSalary: $85 - $105k (will commensurate with
experience) Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Manage lower level staff accountantsDuties and
- Preparation and review of individual and business income tax
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning.
- Interact closely with clients to provide tax planning,
consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Respond to regulatory agencies.
- Research tax issues and provide guidance to clients.
- Prepare clients accounting through financial statements.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the
- Mentor, train, and develop staff members and provide them with
leadership and professional guidance.
- Maintain business relationships with existing clients and
develop new relationships with potential clients to help grow the
firm's clientele base and develop additional opportunities for the
- Utilize project management and accounting best practices to
organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills, tax research and analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, proactive, deadline-driven,
and able to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
Suite. QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Proficiency in tax software programs. Experience in UltraTax,
Fixed Assets, Practice CS, and AdvanceFlow under Thomson Reuters, a
plusRequired Education and Experience:
- An active CPA or EA license
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Six (6) years of public accounting experience
- Advanced experience preparing corporate, partnership, and
individual income tax returns
- Experience supervising personnel and reviewing tax
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
computer.BJM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status,
genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with
Keywords: BJM Employer Inc, Roswell , Tax Manager, Executive , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!