Senior Director Design Strategy & Channel
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
- This role is responsible for driving profitability and sales
revenue for strategic accounts by providing direction for products,
programs, marketing, and sales for the Builder Multi-Family
What you'll do:
- Manages all onboarding processes included in the organization's
New Hire Experience Responsible for growing Mohawk's brand
reputation and specification with builders, designers, and general
- Establish strong relationships with strategic account
leadership and key retail customers. Provide the design aspect
during the RFP process as well as designer training and TM training
- Monitor builders under contract and going through new RFPs for
performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the
appropriate action to achieve established sales targets/programs
and improve performance.
- Design presentations for end-users by aligning Mohawk's
strengths with the customers' needs to create success for all
members of the supply chain, including but not limited to builders,
designers, purchasing managers and their servicing
- Design presentations for national and regional builders for the
BDMs, Territory Managers and builder design centers. -
Presentations will encompass features and benefits of Mohawk
products as well as big picture Mohawk's corporate direction with
strategic investments for each product segment.
- Develop and maintain an active marketing and sales plan with
Mohawk and Dal-Tile sales teams to drive ongoing, contractual
business with end-users through all channels (carpet, ceramic,
wood, vinyl, laminate). This includes understanding and
communicating to the sales and management team the relationship
between end-users/builders and their existing dealers.
- Call on current and prospective builders to specify Mohawk as
the supplier of all residential flooring categories (carpet,
ceramic, wood, vinyl, laminate), while maintaining consistent and
ongoing communication with the relevant subcontractors. Understand
end-user's internal structure and identify all important personnel
in the sale process.
- Cultivate relationships with customers during generally long
selling cycles (12 - 24 months) and maintain the relationship after
- Manage compliance with all division policies and procedures
such the Model Home Order entry process and end-user registration
- Understand the competitive environment. Produce and distribute
usage, sales data and floor covering information related to
end-users to Mohawk sales and management personnel.
- Manage sample orders and coordinate sample placement including
Model / Design Center set-ups.
- Perform rebate reconciliation, product mix management, and
presentations to the end-users. Such reports include upgrade
percentages, sales mix analysis, value engineering, etc. Revise
product selection as needed and, when necessary, forecasting to
management changes that may impact service.
- Conduct product knowledge and sales training meetings where
relevant with end-users.
- Product-Mix Management - Analyze end-user usage reports and
revise product selection as needed. - Where necessary this shall
include forecasting to management any changes that may impact
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 10+ years of product management, marketing, design,
training or sales experience.
- Experience (or a sound understanding) in manufacturing and
- Knowledge of flooring products, distribution options, sales
strategies, forecasting tools and manufacturing
- Proven ability to establish goals, set clear expectations,
prioritize activities and follow-through with timely execution of
cross-functional team environment
- Ability to translate business goals and objectives into
realistic sales training curricula.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically with the
frequency required by the job.
What you're good at:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal
communication skills to effectively interact with and influence all
levels of management, internal and external customers, and the
ability to present information accurately and effectively to
- Must be able to prioritize and delegate.
- Must have strong/proven leadership and organizational
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, analyze, and draw
conclusions from industry, general business and statistical and
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Roswell , Senior Director Design Strategy & Channel, Executive , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...