Registered Nurse, Cardiac Observation Area
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Heart. Soul. Expertise. That's what defines an Emory nurse. No
matter where you are in your nursing career, when you chose this
distinguished profession, you chose to change lives. We are proud
to be the only health system in Georgia with four Magnet
-recognized hospitals: Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine
Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Emory University Hospital,
and Emory Johns Creek Hospital.
Our nurses are integral members of inter-professional teams in
hospitals and clinics that are committed to outstanding patient
care. We're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the
country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge,
experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and
better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our
patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready
to join us?
- Is a capable clinician who has acquired broad experience in
caring for patients, and has developed a sound understanding about
the care of a particular patient population.
- Routinely uses acquired knowledge, theory, research, and
experience to respond to changes in clinical situations.
- Is able to apply the Synergy Model for Care in practice, and
use this knowledge to personalize care for each
- Serves as a resource to lesser experienced nurses and to
- Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough knowledge of
therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care
maps, team dynamics, and hospital systems.
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for assigned group of
- Identifies complex patient problems related to symptoms,
behavioral changes, abnormal diagnostic data and learning
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Coordinates diagnostic procedures.
- Anticipates potential patient crises through continual
evaluation of patient outcomes.
- May participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Serves as a resource for other registered nurses and support
- May function in the Charge Nurse role and make patient care
- Thoroughly documents all aspects of patient care, following
established charting procedures.
- Participates in unit orientation of new staff and may serve as
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing 24 months of recent
nursing experience within the past five years.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of
- BLS certification required and ACLS may be required in
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Medium-Heavy) 36-75 lbs, 0-33% of the work
day (occasionally); 20-35 lbs, 34-66% of the workday; (frequently);
10-20 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 75 lbs max;
Carrying of objects up to 35 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing &
walking; Occasional sitting; Close eye work (computers, typing,
reading, writing); Physical demands may vary depending on assigned
work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may
vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental
exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen
exposure; Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors;
Communicable diseases; Electrical shock; Floor Surfaces; Hot/Cold
Temperatures; Indoor/Outdoor conditions; Latex; Lighting; Patient
care/handling injuries; Radiation; Shift work; Travel may be
required; Use of personal protective equipment, including
respirators; environmental conditions may vary depending on
assigned work area and work tasks.
Associated topics: care, care unit, infusion, intensive care unit,
mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, tcu, transitional
Keywords: Emory, Roswell , Registered Nurse, Cardiac Observation Area, Healthcare , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!