Home Health Occupational Therapist OT Full Time
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Position OverviewAveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously
during the past year through a series of exciting acquisitions and
we are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join
our dynamic home health care team. In this position, you make it
possible for patients to recuperate from illness or injury in the
comfort of their own homeOccupational TherapistWe are looking for
an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our team! You will utilize
your clinical expertise to assess, teach, and deliver therapy
interventions and treatment directed by the Physician as
established in the home health plan of care. You will collaborate
with interdisciplinary team members, receiving and providing
pertinent updates to optimize patient well-being.Why Join our Team?
An Occupational Therapy career with Aveanna in the home health
setting offers schedule flexibility, one-on-one care and the
opportunity to make a real difference. We bring patients the care
and support they need to live independently and safely in their
place of residence, where they want to be. -Essential Job
- Perform initial and ongoing assessments to evaluate mobility,
coordination, strength and current level of function.
- Responsible for administration, evaluation, and interpretation
of tests and measurements to determine functional goals and
- Provide a written evaluation and plan of care defining
occupational therapy needs, goals, progress and expected
- Delivery of occupational therapy services to comply with
prescribed physician orders.
- Maintains plan of care by performing timely documentation of
client performance, modifying goals and treatment as needed, and
determine discharge care plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for discharge planning, including collaborating and
educating the patient and his/her caretakers on home exercise plan
to follow discharge.
- Participates in coordination of services with health care team,
physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, etc.
- Documents according to policy and procedure and requires
minimal supervision or instruction.
- Documents effectively resulting in no technical or clinical
denials subsequent to review of documentation by payers
- Maintain effective communication between staff, healthcare team
members and family. Serve as a resource consultant for clinical
- Supervises other personnel (OTA, HHA) as applicable.
- Completes OASIS assessments where allowed by state professional
practice and regulation.Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid HolidaysRequirements:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
- Current, unrestricted state license as an Occupational
Therapist in the state of practice
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical assessments, documentation
and compliance with policies and proceduresPreferred:
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Proven relationship-builder
- Experience in Home Health Therapy and completion of OASIS
documentationHHHAs an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid
funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements
in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and
testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Roswell , Home Health Occupational Therapist OT Full Time, Healthcare , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!