Physical Therapist Assistant
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
OverviewPOSITION SUMMARYProvides physical therapy services to
residents by assisting in the assessment, treatment, program
planning and implementation, related documentation and
communication. Functions under supervision of the physical
therapist. ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides physical therapy services to residents under the
direct supervision of a physical therapist.
- Assists physical therapist in the evaluation process in the
areas of self-care, homemaking, functional mobility and
coordination. Assists in the evaluation of other areas as
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at
appropriate intervals under the direction of the physical
- Assists the physical therapist in identifying a problem list,
short-term goals, long-term goals and treatment plan.
- Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the
physical therapist and outlined in the treatment that includes, but
is not limited to, areas of muscle strength, coordination,
mobility, sensory awareness, sitting and standing, transfer
training, balance activities, gait training, range of motion
activities and modalities.
- Assists in the selection of physical therapy techniques/media
and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as
indicated by resident performance and following consultation with
the physical therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan
is made without prior consultation with the physical
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and consults with
physical therapist if modification is indicated.
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual resident
schedules in conjunction with the physical therapist and other team
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as
appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other
equipment; trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use
or application of the above.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the
- Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of physical therapy services.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity
- Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy
Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up or resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsRECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited
- Current state licensure or license-eligible in states where
- Regular attendance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENTThese essential functions
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the basic functions of a physical therapist
assistant. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
functions.Physical requirements for this position are classified as
medium under the Department of Labor classification. The employee
must be capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally
(less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10-20 pounds of force
frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects, equipment and/or
residents. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or
crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or controls; reach
with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum
transfer assists with residents. The employee is required to have
visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident
safety and ability. This position is classified as a Category 1 for
the purpose of exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations
regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood borne
Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all
procedures or job- related tasks that involve an inherent risk for
mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues,
or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body fluids.
The use of protective equipment and measures is required for every
employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.PI186144490
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Roswell , Physical Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!