Full Time Primary Therapist
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Primary Therapist Residential The Primary Therapist is
responsible for individual, group, and family sessions throughout
treatment. Identify, develop, plan, and implement individualized
treatment plan problems, goals, and interventions with each
patient. Assist with creating an effective and evidence-based
program for patients. Provide clinical training to clinical staff
and interns. This position must have a positive and supportive
attitude toward the agency and its overall success.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patients
- Encourage patients to express their feelings and discuss what
is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into
themselves and their relationships.
- Counsel patients regarding personal issues.
- Collect information about patients through interviews,
observations, or tests.
- Guide patients in the development of skills or strategies for
effectively dealing with their problems.
- Perform crisis intervention with patients.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical
experience and knowledge.
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review
of client information.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply
with changes in clients' status.
- Meet with families or other interested parties to exchange
necessary information during the treatment.
- Confer with family members to discuss patient treatment plans
or progress (with proper ROI).
- Collaborate with other professionals to assess patient needs or
plan treatments (with proper ROI).
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical
assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing
with, or supporting clients or patients.
- Learn about new developments in counseling by reading
professional literature, attending courses and seminars, or
establishing and maintaining contact with other social service
- Maintain professional social services knowledge.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, assistants,
or graduate students. Those in supervisory roles will be provided
with supervision for the supervisor.
- Coordinate or direct employee and community workshops, courses,
or training about mental health issues. Qualifications:
- Must be a masters level graduate and licensed in the state of
GA (APC, LPC, MHC, LMSW, LCSW)
- Must have 1-3 years of experience with providing services to
dual diagnosis patients
- Trauma certified/educated
- Experience and confidence identifying and implementing
- Experience working in crisis setting with individuals and
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in and adapt the culture of a multi-cultural,
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agencys mission and culture and the
ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients
in all circumstances
- Employment contingent upon clear UDS and criminal history
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to ascend and descend up to three flights of
stairs throughout the course of a normal workday.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,
vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid
epidemic COVID-19 considerations: Everyone will be asked to be in
compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State,
County and City. Here is what you can expect from us: Mount Sinai
Wellness, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is
committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable
outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the
physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to
help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an
improved quality of life. Mount Sinai Wellness is committed to
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all
Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment
discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin,
ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or
veterans status or any other classification protected by
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Roswell , Full Time Primary Therapist, Healthcare , Dahlonega, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!