Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: Provides support for team and provider(s) during
facility encounters. Manages patient traffic flow. Performs
follow-up care per provider instructions and in accordance with
scope of practice. --Delivers treatments and procedures within
scope of practice and written provider guidelines. Assists with
patient education. Documents clinical information into the medical
- Prepares patient for exams by reviewing history, collecting
current information and appropriate vital signs, documenting in the
medical record according to guidelines: BP and HR.
- Address POE Care Gaps, and schedule appointments when
- Verify all current medications and pend any dermatology refill
medications needed for provider signature.
- Review, verify, and update allergies.
- Review smoking and tobacco history.
- Ask if work or school excuse is needed and prep letter for
provider signature if needed.
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician
- Sets up Sterile Field.
- Remain in room during provider examination.
- Scribe for provider while he/she examines patient: enter orders
for medication and instructions for use, order procedures (punch or
shave biopsies, cryotherapy, mole or lesion removal, cultures,) and
enter associated diagnosis for each.
- Provide wound care and care instructions as needed.
- Document patients response to procedure in EMR.
- Label biopsies with Patient Name, DOB, and site prior to
leaving room and verify with patient.
- Clean and wipe down room per protocol.
- Fill out manual Quest or Finan Templeton Lab Requisitions.
- Enter each biopsy into Health Tracker and Specimen
- Once provider signs order, place printed labels with bar codes
on specimen containers.
- Have next member ready for provider, all of this and the above
must be done within a 15 minute appointment.
- Administers medications as ordered by provider and document
administration and patient response in EMR.
- Perform in clinic photo therapy per provider treatment plan and
document treatment in EMR using appropriate smart phrase.
- Follow up with members on home photo therapy per protocol and
document using appropriate smart phrase.
- Provide education on self-injection administration for patients
- Patch Test placement.
- Obtain cultures as instructed by provider.
- Suture Removal.
- Wound care within scope of practice as delegated by physician
- Sign member up for IPledge program when prescribed Isotretinoin
- Complete Refill Authorization Request.
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician
electronic messages as delegated by the RN and within scope of
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for
diagnostic studies according to guidelines.
- Schedules appointments for patients with lab, radiology,
consultants, and follow-up appointments as ordered by
- Effectively provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing
health education for panel, patient, and family.
- Resolves patient concerns promptly.
- Participates in process of interviewing, selection,
orientation, and training of new team members.
- Participates emergency care as necessary and as directed by
physician and registered nurse.
- Maintains department Quality Improvement standards.Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience as a licensed
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Practical Nurse License (Georgia) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
- Wound Care Nurse Certificate within 12 months of
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service
- Dermatology Health care experience preferred.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Roswell , LPN, Dermatology, Healthcare , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...