Company: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Posted on: April 11, 2021
The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize,
prepare and plate food orders for the guests according to the
plating procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain
quality control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department
guidelines and restock and clean up.--Essential Job Functions:1
Sets up, stocks and organizes workstation at the beginning of the
- Sets levels for production of food items.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores
them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, or
other kitchen equipment, tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using
- Performs other duties in all areas of the kitchen as
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and
- Knows cooking times for all items to ensure correct
- Organizes items for preparation in order to ensure accuracy of
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and
garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation during the day and at the end
of the day.
- Performs side duties including mixer, hoods, filters and other
line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms,
and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire,
according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.--Factors
Important for Successful Performance in this Position:To perform
this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
kitchen.--Experience and Educational RequirementsA high school
diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general
kitchen techniques and equipment is required.--Physical
Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)Performs
duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning.
Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and
from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or
longer if needed.Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.NOTE:--
The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may
be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the
Keywords: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Roswell , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!