Retail Sales Associate - Market by Macy's, Presidential Markets - Full Time
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
-Academy- for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy's.
ABOUT MARKET BY MACY'S
The Market by Macy's team is passionate about finding new ways for
the Macy's brand to show up to the consumer, our vendors, and our
colleagues. We live to challenge the status quo, change minds, and
deliver growth as a result. Our new store, Market by Macy's is a
gathering place for all that's good, where brands you love meet
fresh faces and local friends - a go-to for shopping with a side of
something more. Guests will find the joy in community and
discovering new events and experiences together in-store.
We are looking for smart, outgoing, creative, friendly, engaging
and confident individuals for full time positions. Our Colleagues
will wear multiple hats; they serve as the face of our brand,
interact with customers to deliver exceptional customer service,
share our unique approach towards different avenues of retail, and
help build our community. The ideal candidate is flexible,
positive, high energy, and loves connecting with people and getting
them excited about our products. S/he is a self-starter, unfazed by
challenges and excited by the ever-changing nature of our business
and wants to contribute to an energetic, growing team!
- Provide the most amazing customer service on the sales
- Connect with customers on the sales floor and share knowledge
about featured brands/products to drive product sales through
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and unique retail concept by
living our values and conveying brand messages.
- Curiosity and excitement about new and different experiences
and areas of the business.
- Maintain floor presentation standards and restock merchandise
throughout the day.
- Balance multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage
- Work store events in whatever capacity is required to ensure
successful execution and seamless customer experience.
- Support store operations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure receipt of new merchandise, unpack new merchandise, set
up back-stock, store-build-out, merchandise incoming inventory
according to visual guidelines, pack unsold inventory to be
delivered to the distribution center, reconfigure store fixtures to
prepare new layout and visual presentation for upcoming
- Flexibility and enthusiasm about working in varied capacities
depending on business need.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and be capable of
giving expert style advice.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
What You'll Bring To The Table
- You love to engage with people. You're the person who strikes
up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
within a large company and are an effective problem
- You have prior retail and/or customer service experience and an
understanding of the need to do things differently and better in
today's retail world.
- You take pride in your work and will do what it takes to get a
job done well.
- You maintain a positive outlook and love to smile.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You are eager to learn new things.
- You have a hospitality mindset and believe in going the extra
mile to ensure an amazing customer experience
- You are a collaborator and want to be part of a strong team
culture that is focused on winning as a team.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior retail sales experience is
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing, standing
for at least two consecutive hours, lifting at least 30 lbs, close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus
- Detail oriented.
- Takes pride in work they are doing.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on
department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Keywords: Macy's, Roswell , Retail Sales Associate - Market by Macy's, Presidential Markets - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Snellville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!