Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION: BartenderFLSA STATUS:
Non-ExemptSUPERVISOR: MODREPORTS: NonePOSITION SUMMARY:
- Primary duty is to plan, organize and direct operations of the
- Bartenders have two main responsibilities; servicing the needs
of servers for dining patrons and serving guests who choose to
locate and dine directly at the bar.
- For patrons choosing to consume food at the bar, the job
description is similar to the Food Server (please read) with some
additional features. RESPONSIBILITIES (PRIMARY)
- In the bar area, the main focus usually shifts from the food
items on the menu to the beer, liquor and wine selections.
- Must be knowledgeable about all the draft and bottled beers,
cocktails, as well as the wine offerings. This requires palate
knowledge and use of descriptive terms.
- Ability to recommend complimentary food and beverage pairings
that can be offered to the guest looking for guidance.
- Service at the bar tends to be quicker paced, with some guests
only present for a short time before being seated or leaving.
- Bartenders must ring all beverage and food items into the bar
and either collect payments from guests or ensure correct transfer
of charges to the dining room check.Bartending is a position that
is fun, interactive and rewarding. However, there is a serious side
and that is recognizing and acting upon the realization that a
patron is impaired. You have to be able to tell people "no" and
mean it. If someone has had enough, you have to stop serving them,
make sure no one else serves them and deter them from driving. Not
only can you be held legally responsible if they cause an accident,
but stopping someone from hurting themselves or others is the right
thing to do. You absolutely cannot serve anyone who is underage.
Check ID's of anyone who appears to be under the age of 30 and look
carefully at the dates and photos. If a patron does not have
requested proof of age, they cannot be served. If necessary, ask a
manager to be present to back up the company
position.RESPONSIBILITIES (POS COMPUTER SYSTEM)
- Log on
- Ring guest orders by seat positions
- Enter and time fired items
- Complete and accurate guest checks with needed modifiers and
add on charges
- Print checks in a variety of configurations
- Enter one of more payment methods
- Close out reporting and reconciliation.RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER)
- Other duties include assigned sidework which includes, but is
not limited to:
- Set up and / or breakdown of bar
- Stocking of glassware, supplies and inventory
- Control of the TV
- Cleaning and organization of the working area. RESPONSIBILITIES
- All employees are expected to be part of the Total Service
experience and look for ways to provide service to guests and as
needed, to each other.
- Provide first-class guest service at all times.
- Adhere to all restaurant policies and procedures.QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to multitask
- Grace under pressure
- Ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of
personalities and the ability to communicate clearly with
- Detail oriented with good short and long term memory.
- Chosen employees will be team players and possess the ability
to work well with others.EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
- POS system
- Espresso machines and grinders
- TV remote
- Coffee and tea brewers
- Bus tubs, glass and service ware
- POS time reporting procedures. PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
- Occasional bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended
periods of time.Note: This job description is intended only as a
general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at the
Restaurant and is not a legally binding contract. Clean Plate
reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job
description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or
modifications may be implemented even though they have not been
communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job
Keywords: Zest, Roswell , BARTENDER, Hospitality & Tourism , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!