Company: Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Store Manager Job Description
Reports To: District Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
OBJECTIVE Provide a management level directly responsible for
implementing the mission statement of the company within a single
retail profit center so that the sales and bottom line profits are
JOB STATEMENT The store manager will accomplish this using various
management skills to recruit and hire, train and develop, supervise
and positively motivate store personnel according to action plans
agreed upon with the district supervisor. Can decide to perform
non-exempt work, but is still responsible for the overall success
of the operation.
- Smile, speak to, and respond to customers.
- Stand and/or walk up to eight (8) or ten (10) hours per day
depending on shift assignment.
- Read, write, hear and understand the English language.
- Perform the four basic arithmetic operations in order to make
change, complete end of shift reports and account for a variety of
- Have sufficient vision to check identification, process
transactions, read measurements, and fill out paperwork
- Read and understand instructions for operating cash registers,
fuel pump controls, money order machines and other equipment.
- Lift up to 50 pounds carrying cases of milk, soda, beer and
juice, etc. in a safe manner at least once per shift.
- Squat, bend at waist, twist, grasp, reach and manipulate
objects from ground to overhead to stock shelves.
- React to a fire by lifting and transporting a fire extinguisher
to the fire area.
- Bend and remove metal plates and underground tank caps in order
to check fuel levels.
- Climb a ladder to clean windows and retrieve materials.
- Sweep and mop floors, dust shelving and lift and carry trash
bags to outside bins.
- Sweep parking lot and clean outside grounds and equipment.
- Enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to
30 minutes at a time.
- Utilize a hand truck, flat cart, mop, broom, degreaser, and
various cleaning solvents.
- Complete daily paperwork and other periodic reports accurately
and on time
- Supervise employees effectively
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The specific responsibilities for the
Store Manager's position are as follows. The store manager may also
be required to perform the unique duties and responsibilities of
the assistant manager position if there is no one in that position
or as the need arises.
Recruiting, Staffing, Personnel Development
- Maintains personal appearance according to standard
- Recruits continuously; seeks the best candidates available in
terms of attitude and skills.
- Follows company hiring and training procedures.
- Creates a labor schedule that meets the three requirements of
customer needs, company operations, and payroll budget, and posts
employee labor schedule on time.
- Ensures that all store employees have the proper skills
necessary for their position.
- Periodically evaluates the skill level of each employee and
identifies weak areas
- Works in conjunction with the training department to improve
the skills of each employee
- Develops at least one employee to whom Store Manager duties can
be delegated effectively.
Sales and Merchandising
- Enacts company promotional campaigns on time.
- Ensures that all customers receive the service promised in the
- Sets individual sales goals with each store employee.
- Ensures unit is open and all products and services available to
customers during operating hours.
- Merchandises product according to store plan-o-grams, following
"first in-first out" rotation
- Orders stock according to merchandising goals and projected
- Sets store objectives for each of the following areas based on
overall company goals and works to accomplish those objectives
through effective management:
- Sales (All products offered for sale) - Payroll Expense - Asset
Loss (Waste, Spoilage, Cash, and Inventory) - Facility Maintenance
- Inventory Level
- Communicates objectives to all store employees and assigns
tasks as necessary.
- Oversees employees and store operations ensuring compliance
with government regulations; company policy; and safety
- Stays familiar with company manuals, bulletins, and other
- Protects company assets at all times.
- Completes an Incident Report for all warranted events and
forwards to Risk Management.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure
efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget
- Ensures that a report of store and food service operations and
a bank deposit is completed on a daily basis.
- Performs periodic store inspections to identify areas that do
not meet operating standards, and reports any safety needs or
concerns to Risk Management.
- Ensures that all federal and state required postings and the
Hazard Communication Guide are current and accessible to all store
- Ensures that all employees are following federal, state, and
local laws and company policy concerning the sale of alcoholic
beverages and tobacco products.
- Ensures that a "Person In Charge" is designated as required by
- May manage subordinate supervisors in the Assistant Manager
position. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination,
and evaluation of these supervisors.
- Directly supervises 0-25 non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Manages all key areas of food service operations within their
respective store by performing them personally or through
- Ensures that the standards of any operations within the store
are met, including additional training that is required
- Ensures food quality and safety standards are met through
equipment cleaning, proper hygienic practices, and proper food
storage and display.
- Trains all food service staff in quality and customer service
- Communicates new procedures to staff and manages
- Orders and maintains food service inventory.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Golden Pantry Food Stores, Inc., Roswell , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Murrayville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!