ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - pOpshelf
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: January 25, 2023
pOpshelfs mission is to make every day special by providing
shoppers a stress-free shopping destination for those special
things that make life better. pOpshelf offers an exciting, on-trend
and rotating selection of seasonal, houseware, home dcor, health
and beauty products, home cleaning supplies and party goods in
addition to candy & snacks, toys, games and electronics, among
other items. There is fun in every find, surprise on every shelf,
and joy in every visit. As part of our customer-centered team, you
help us create an experience that enables our customers to easily
find the items they need and enjoy finding the things they want.
pOpshelf operates 70+ stores currently with plans to open 1,000 by
2025. Learn more about pOpshelf at www.popshelf.com.GENERAL
SUMMARY:The Assistant Team Leader helps maintain a clean,
well-organized store while assisting the Store Team Leader in
creating a customer first store culture through exceptional store
standards and team engagement. At the direction and delegation of
the Store Team Leader, the Assistant Team Leader assists with
supervision of store employees, management and presentation of
merchandise, completion of paperwork, and preparation of deposits.
The Assistant Team Leader also performs stocking and cashiering
functions and performs other duties as necessary to maximize
profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company
assets and reducing losses.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customers
expectations; greet and assists customers, and operate cash
register and scanner to itemize the customers purchase.
- Assists the Store Team Leader in creating and supporting a
customer first store culture.
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the
customer experience. Help facilitate and maintain a safe, clean and
well-organized store environment that delights our customers and
- Facilitates merchandising the store in a manner that is
appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines,
rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive
- Assist Store Team Leader with educating store team about store
products so they can engage customers and provide a differentiated,
easy, and fun shopping experience.
- Maintain daily and weekly cleaning checklists to provide a
superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensure condense and reset standards are maintained consistently
each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping
- Open and close the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assist Store Team Leader with scheduling employees, providing
adequate training for employees, conducting safety meetings, and
ensuring employee compliance with company policies and
- Follow company work processes to manage merchandise, including
receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise
on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling
damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of plan-o-zones;
ensure merchandise is presented according to established practices
and Store Manager direction.
- Assist in ensuring financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control, adherences to company
security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign
for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money
- Assist customers in self-checkout process at multiple register
- Assist with management of the store in the Store Team Leaders
absence.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, etc.)
- Ability to perform cash register functions and operate other
tools to generate reports. (e.g. HHT, self-checkout, store
- Ability to develop and maintain organization and to attend to
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of
- Ability to interface with store associates, suppliers and
customers in a respectful and effective manner.
- Strong product inventory knowledge and creative merchandising
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.WORK
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a specialty retail environment
- Six months supervisory or team lead experience
preferred.WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as
hand-held scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise
containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet floor surfaces.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits and assist in other locations as needed.pOpshelf
is an equal opportunity employerIndeed Job Title: ASSISTANT TEAM
LEADER - pOpshelf Requisition ID: 2021-225569 Street: 2100
LAWRENCEVILLE SUWANE External Company URL:
Keywords: Dollar General, Roswell , ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER - pOpshelf, Hospitality & Tourism , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!