Delivery Driver (CDL)
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: March 16, 2023
- Current Class A or B CDL issued by the state in which the
candidate resides with a hazardous materials endorsement.
- 2+ years of commercial driving experience compliant
with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA) and DOT
- No more than 2 minor accidents in the past rolling 3
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past rolling 3
- 1+ years of experience operating material handling
equipment.Job SummaryMoves inventory between distribution centers
using a company-provided or rental vehicle. Maintains records of
deliveries, inspects and maintains delivery vehicles, and makes
customer deliveries as needed. This position requires operation of
a company or rental vehicle, and this operation may be done during
the average work week. If selected for this position, the company
will continuously monitor Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs). A
requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR status and a
valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with hazardous materials
endorsement.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Transports inventory, including hazardous materials, safely
between distribution centers and cross-dock locations.
- Ensures that order manifests are complete and accurate and
trailers are loaded with the correct merchandise.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damages before and after route.
- Maintains applicable records, including vehicle logs and bill
of ladings, in accordance with legal and internal guidelines.
- Plans routes to and from delivery sites and adjusts for
potential traffic delays.
- Moves line haul trailers around the shipping yard and loading
docks to ensure the efficient movement of inventory.
- Makes local deliveries as needed.Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
time.Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
Keywords: HD Supply, Roswell , Delivery Driver (CDL), Hospitality & Tourism , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...