Sr Software Engineer, Test Automation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About: Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy--s has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy--s, Inc. The face
of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Macy--s Tech
provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the
business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected
commerce across the technology hub at Macy--s Join our team to help
shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail
technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech,
application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app --
you--ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding
meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview: At Macy--s,
we--re moving fast--we--re at top speed to become America--s
premiere retailer. Macy--s Technology strives to set the pace by
providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our
Macy--s and Bloomingdale--s customers. Macy--s Technology is
creating innovative technology solutions to support these
experiences and define the future of retailing.
The Senior Software Engineer position reports to the Manager,
Software Engineering, and is responsible for the development and
support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge
of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable
and reliable platform.
If you're passionate about building highly scalable architecture
and you are motivated to make an impact in creating robust software
used across the organization, come join us. You will help shape the
vision and architecture of Macy--s next generations incredible
growth. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and
work with passionate leaders on challenging topics. Essential
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and
documentation on solutions developed including design
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code,
test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships,
trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and
handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate
applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to
include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications and
- Bachelor--s Degree and 5+ years or related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of automation scripting experience and building or
maintaining an automated test framework using Java or selenium
- 2+ years of web services automation experience with strong REST
API automation experience and UI automation experience
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- 2+ years of coding experience with one or more of the following
languages Java or equivalent; knowledge of algorithmic ideas behind
the code and software development fundamentals
- 1+ years of experience with continuous integration/continuous
deployment and build tools (i.e. JUnit, Maven, Jenkins or
equivalent) and using an industry standard source control
- 1+ years of experience with TDD/BDD; 2+ years of experience
with Cucumber Feature File and Ruby Step Definition preferred
- Strong understanding and experience working with object
repository, SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as
they relate to test automation object recognition
- Experience with structuring the automated testing tasks on
multiple projects, estimating schedules, resources and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. This job description is not all-inclusive, and
Macy--s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at
any time. Macy--s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates
for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the
Company--s obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for
positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the
Company--s obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here.
Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their
rights and the Company--s obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy--s, Roswell , Sr Software Engineer, Test Automation, IT / Software / Systems , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!