Software Engineer, Quality Engineer
Posted on: November 23, 2021
About: Macy---s is proudly America---s Department Store. For
more than 160 years, Macy---s has served generations at every stage
of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy---s, Inc. The
face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy---s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all
parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in
connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy---s Join our
team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in
retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply
chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the
mobile app --- you---ll have opportunities to grow your career
while finding meaningful ways to make a difference. Job Overview:
--We are seeking a software engineer who has knowledge and a
passion for analysis, design and implementation in a
business-critical environment. Software Engineers are expected to
work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software
Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative
environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile
environment with other A-Players and perform other duties as
assigned. Essential Functions:
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative
development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and other Software Engineering
resources in coding and implementing integrated, enterprise
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with
- An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the
tradeoffs present in every decision.
- Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things
that you aren---t afraid to defend.
- Work with the Technical Lead to create and support system
design documentation following standard templates; take initiative
to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates
as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- Bachelor---s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 1+
years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and
experience; Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform
- 2+ years of experience with OO Languages
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS
- Knowledge of design patterns: Object-oriented development,
- Familiarity with Foundation CSS, Node.js and Express.js.
- Familiarity in building and debugging complex systems in a team
- Backbone or Vue experience preferred.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing
web applications preferred
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Company needs. -- TECH00
Keywords: Macy's, Roswell , Software Engineer, Quality Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!