Senior Advanced Wireless - RF Engineer I
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Innovate to solve the world's most important challengesThe
future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a
member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and
doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing
the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping
buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on
Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready
to help us make the future? We are looking for an exceptional
Principal Wireless Architect to be part of our Architecture and
Innovation group whose dream is to live on the cutting edge of
technology and ideate new connected products that have a big impact
on the organization. Your job will be to define concepts, systems
and architectures for wireless systems addressing advanced
communication, signal processing and related architectures. If you
are a free thinker, an extreme self-starter, love an energetic,
fast-paced work environment this is the job you were waiting for.
You have to be passionate about tinkering with new technologies and
developing IOT systems. You have a strong sense of ownership,
urgency, and drive. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with a global team to create and execute
research and development programs related to Internet of
- Engage with NPI architects to analyze wireless/communication
system requirements based on wireless standards and product
- Drive internal and external team efforts to drive bring new
ideas and new features to HBT products
- Identify emerging technologies and drive integration of the
same into HBT products.
- Key stakeholder in defining Innovation roadmaps by working with
the Innovation hub leader.
- Develop wireless system prototypes including PHY, MAC and
- Participate in deep technical discussions of various new ideas
to identify the best solution for the customer.
- Take a hands-on role in defining the detailed RF system design,
component selection, hardware & software design, and
laboratory-based design verification.
- Conduct and/or participate in voice of customer meetings with
the prototypes to get end-user feedback and iterate to develop best
- Participate in and drive the definition of new platforms and
standards both internally and in external standards organizations.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 + years' experience WiFi/Radio
- 5 + years experience with WiFi, BLE & Cellular
- 5 + years' Embedded software/hardware experience WE VALUE
- Wireless protocols such as BLE, LoRA, ISA100.11a, Zigbee,
Thread, low-power WiFi
- Experienced in both RTOS based (eg FreeRTOS) and non-RTOS based
firmware systems (eg embedded Linux)
- Wireless system design and protocol development
- Mesh network protocols for routing and self-organization.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software
- Knowledge of wireless encryption technologies
- Understanding of wireless project requirements
- Ability to conceptualize new technologies, products and
- Be adept at rapid prototyping, integration and testing of
embedded systems and iterative development.
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity
when establishing priorities for the organization
- Consistently making timely decisions even in the face of
complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
procedures Additional Information
- JOB ID: HRD167340
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3079 Premiere Pkwy Ste
- Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Roswell , Senior Advanced Wireless - RF Engineer I, IT / Software / Systems , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!