Multicraft Maintenance Tech I
Company: Inside Higher Ed
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Title: Multicraft Maintenance Tech I Location: UNG -
Gainesville Regular/Temporary: Regular Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222102 About Us Located in the fastest-growing region of
the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus
university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it
one of the largest institutions in the University System of
Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence,
leadership development and community engagement opportunities that
develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and
range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional
doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and
economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior
military college, one of the university's signature leadership
programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega
Campus.Job Summary The University of North Georgia is currently
accepting applications for a Multicraft Maintenance Tech I in the
Facilities department on the Gainesville campus. The Multicraft
Maintenance Tech I will provide general maintenance support to the
campus, to include masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting
- Provides service for mechanical and electrical devices;
performs basic preventive maintenance; provides support for HVAC,
plumbing, painting, masonry, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall
installation and repair, refrigeration, electrical repair,
- Assists specialized skilled craft employees in complex
- Maintains tools and equipment needed to perform work.
- Maintains and schedules proper controls for energy management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.Required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of general maintenance experience, including
specialized experience in at least one trade area.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Requires general knowledge of various craft areas. Work
involves the performance of skilled tasks in accordance with
standard trade practices.
- Duties will require periodic afterhours on-call
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to diagnose problems and make repairs as needed.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time
to include, but not limited to, lifting, pushing, pulling objects
up to 50 pounds; ability to climb and work from ladders up to 32
feet tall; ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies,
and to perform minor repairs as needed.
- Must be able to understand and follow specific oral and written
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods of
time, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate equipment; Able to operate small hand tools;
Balancing; Bending Over; Carrying; Climb up and down ladder; Climb
up onto and down from equipment. Crawling; Crouching; Eye/hand
coordination; Grasping; Hazards such as electrical, chemical,
biological; Hearing; Inside/outside environmental factors;
Kneeling; Constant, heavy, constant lifting; Moving; Pulling;
Pushing; Reaching; Reaching Overhead; Repetitive use of hands/arms;
Repetitive use of legs; Sitting; Standing; Stooping; Talking;
Twisting; Walking (include distance); ability to work heights up to
60 feet using man lifts and ladders; operate vehicles; trucks; golf
- Ability to operate power tools.Conditions of Employment Offers
of employment are contingent upon completion of a background
investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating
your eligibility for employment with the University of North
Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole
discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history
reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a
satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a
pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity The
University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of
Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or
national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran
status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal
contractor and desires priority referrals of protected
veterans.Special Applicant Instructions Please submit contact
information for three professional references.Required Documents to
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, Roswell , Multicraft Maintenance Tech I, Other , Dahlonega, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!