Sr Training Specialist
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Are you looking for more? At Mohawk Industries, we're committed
to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more
sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team. As a
Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known
brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop
your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you.
Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create
more, you can find your more with Mohawk. Primary Objective:
Assists with the coordination, administration, and maintenance of a
variety of technical, operational or functional training and
development services primarily within the Yarn Division. Partners
with training team to identify, plan and administer training
workshops that are driven by strategic performance needs of the
organization. This includes needs assessment, design, development,
delivery and evaluation of workshops. Assists with the
administration, identification and deployment of Flooring North
America training offerings to the organization. Serves as an
analyst for manufacturing within the organization to train existing
production training specialists across the organization. Create
technical training programs to deliver to manufacturing facilities.
Provide guidance to MPACT teams regarding technical programs. Major
Function and Scope:
- Assists with the development and administration of training
workshops that are driven by operational performance needs of the
department. Develops and delivers operational and/or on the job
training modules which may include database user training classes.
This includes but is not limited to needs assessment, design,
development, delivery and evaluation of workshops. Analyzes
employee feedback and performance data to measure, identify and
eliminate performance gaps, develop relevant training materials,
identify audiences, and delivers appropriate training.
- Delivers 1-on-1 training to existing employees who are promoted
or transferred into new positions and new-hires to the
- Consults with managers and employees on current and emerging
employee performance and development needs within their
responsibility. Creatively develops and facilitates new programs as
needed or researches, recommends and assists with the
implementation of cost-effective developmental solutions.
- Prepares, enhances, evaluates and schedules employee/management
training. Develops teaching outline in conformance with selected
instructional methods. Draws from knowledge of specified training
needs and effectiveness of such training methods as individual
coaching, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences,
meetings, and workshops. Creates, designs and formats computerized
product training; attends coursework design meetings and provides
input on content and layout.
- Follows up with managers to assure training needs were
- Recommends purchase for necessary training materials. Selects
or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration
models, multimedia visual aids, and reference works. Coordinates
and maintains training materials inventory.
- Partners with team members on training initiatives. Recommends
processes and procedural enhancements to eliminate non-value-added
- Conducts on-site in-depth analysis of primary skill sets for
hourly trainees in production positions, consulting with managers,
supervisors, and SME's to identify best practices to determine
necessary training guidelines.
- Using information gathered in on-site visits creates training
plans to deliver in-person or via video.
- Reviews monthly metrics from manufacturing departments to gauge
progress in key areas-turnover, costs, quality, waste, etc. to
understand and adjust training as needed for improvement and
provides to leadership.
- Revises training as needed to promote innovative practices that
can be duplicated across the business.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for training assignments.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by management.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree required, with a minimum of five years of
professional related experience.
- Or, a combination of education, training, and specific
job-related experience performing duties as identified above with
equal scope of responsibility to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Forklift experience, preferred.
- Bilingual language skill is critical for role.
- Skills in training, needs analysis, program and curriculum
development, training delivery and training evaluation methods
- Knowledge of individual and group training delivery methods,
including paper-based, PC-based, action learning, and distance
- Knowledge of learning concepts and effective approaches for
facilitating that learning; in-depth knowledge of competency
identification and development methods.
- Intermediate skills working with PowerPoint, Outlook, and other
Microsoft Office Suite programs. Competencies:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and
communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of
leadership, internal and external customers. Ability to present
information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, needs
assessment, performance measurement and evaluation, and process
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal and consultative
skills. Ability to partner with others to accomplish objectives and
goals. Ability to build solid working relationships across
divisions/functions. Ability to work with diverse audiences and to
gain agreement on issues and next steps.
- Ability to formulate action plans and timelines necessary to
execute those plans. Ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Other Pertinent Job Information: Normal office and
manufacturing environments. Continuous standing while delivering
training sessions. Travel within and outside of Northwest GA area
is required. Extended stays may be required throughout the course
of the position. Travel may exceed 70% or more of time. Mohawk
Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates
products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the
world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Roswell , Sr Training Specialist, Other , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!