Security Officer 1
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: May 5, 2021
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions
and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion,
pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission
is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of
every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining
example of what's possible when the brightest professionals
dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare
industry, and in people's lives. Responsibilities The Security
Officer is responsible for a fixed post or patrolling an assigned
area to preserve peace and order, to provide excellent customer
service and to protect persons and property, and to perform duties
relating to the welfare and safety of the employees, patients,
visitors, and property of WellStar Health System. Reports to the
Supervisor, Security Services. Job Requirements: Required Minimum
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Required Minimum
- Must possess Georgia Weapons Carry License issued under GA code
- Must have a current/valid Georgia driver's license and have an
insurable driving history.
- Must pass required psychological examination.
- Must achieve Basic Security Officer certification through the
IAHSS within the first year of employment.Required Minimum
- One-year private safety/security, security related military or
law enforcement experience preferred.Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and follow written and oral
- Possesses writing skills necessary to complete incident,
accident and investigative reports.
- Must be able to pass standard security training program
including Non Violent Crisis Intervention, defensive tactics, baton
and Taser use as well as basic life support for healthcare provider
status according to American Heart Association criteria.
- Must pass WHS mandated psychological evaluation prior to and
during employment. Public relations skills necessary to communicate
effectively in a courteous, professional and tactful manner. Must
be able to accept responsibility, manage authority and maintain
confidentiality of information.
- Ability to function independent of constant supervision and
exercise physical and emotional restraint under stressful
conditions. Ability to observe, listen attentively and use
- Preferred: Some knowledge and experience with security CCTV and
access control systems.
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Roswell , Security Officer 1, Other , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!