Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Are you looking for more? At Mohawk Industries, we're committed
to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more
sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team. As a
Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known
brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop
your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you.
Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create
more, you can find your more with Mohawk. Mohawk is looking for a
Continuous Improvement Manager to work at the Corporate
Headquarters office in Calhoun, GA. Description: Leads and manages
projects to drive business results within Residential
manufacturing. Provides technical leadership related to machine and
process capability and reliability. Develops and improves
manufacturing processes for cost reduction initiatives, optimizing
the value stream and eliminating waste. Responsibilities:
- Lead projects to develop and incorporate monitoring of new
processes to drive claims, off quality and waste reduction
- Working closely with site leadership and technical resources to
lead teams through the identification of critical process inputs &
outputs and specifications identification/development.
- Work with local and Corporate Engineering teams to establish
the appropriate gaging & sensors for process monitoring. This will
include developing technical requirements and providing technical
and financial justification criteria as required.
- Lead Six Sigma projects as required to drive improvements in
claims, off quality, waste and operational efficiencies.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, requiring
independent judgment creativity and ingenuity to solve.
- Identify and manage manufacturing process concerns with regards
to lowering costs, optimizing quality, quantity, time, and safety
conditions to ensure continuous improvement.
- Optimize current processes to deliver a finished product within
agreed quality specifications while ensuring the operational costs
- Manages, modifies, and develops process documentation for
standard operating procedures.
- Assess business needs and determine appropriate course of
action in areas affecting compliance quality, delivery and
- Manage cross-functional projects in areas such as carpet
manufacturing, yarn manufacturing, extrusion, backing, and pad
- Work closely with all levels of management to implement and
maintain process control standards and measurements throughout the
- Performs other duties as required. Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline (Masters preferred)
with 5 - 10 years of progressively responsible job specific
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification required with Black Belt
certification preferred. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead
teams through successful leadership of Lean, Six Sigma or other
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Statistical Process Control
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access,
Excel, and PowerPoint) and Minitab statistical analysis
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods,
system procedures, or operating concepts to new situations.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar or unusual situations with ease
while identifying a range of solutions. Competencies:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and
internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an
antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and
methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism
in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and
draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new
ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise
good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized
guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Additional Information:
- Normal work environment would be in the control room
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions caused by noise,
moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and other conditions
associated with a high-traffic production floor.
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of
- May require stooping, kneeling, crouching, or occasional
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening
and night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Some travel required. Mohawk Industries is a leading global
flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential
and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically
integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide
competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic
tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our
industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies
that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all
remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among
the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean,
Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home,
Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has
transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into
the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia,
Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand,
Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an
inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Roswell , Continuous Improvement Engineer, Other , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!