Sr. Project Engineer (Supply Chain)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Manages development, implementation, and coordination of
capital projects through schedule review, financial analysis and
design/status meetings. Coordinates with field management staff,
finance and departmental leadership on project implementation and
priorities. Total budget responsibility is in the multimillion
dollar range with guidance from department management.
- Supports the implementation of strategic changes through cross
functional collaboration across Supply Chain with Engineering,
Analytics, Operations, Inventory Management and
- Works with data analysts to interpret data, converting it into
actionable financial and business cases while providing engineering
expertise related to the design, layout, equipment, processes and
productivity of distribution centers.
- Develops facility designs and innovative solutions to increase
efficiency, resolve operational problems, lower overall costs,
empower goto market operational capabilities and provides
alternatives to value engineer project costs.
- Reviews building and equipment designs to ensure integration
between design components, compliance with applicable regulations,
safety standards and company equipment design standards and
specifications. Oversees the installation of recommended equipment
and improvements by conducting on site reviews of system
functionality and performance.
- Meets with vendors, negotiates and reviews pending contracts as
part of equipment procurement process and system design.
- Maintains responsibility for return on investment analysis and
ensures that implemented systems are meeting designed goals.
- Develops and builds tools and processes to aid in the
management of the department.
- Understands and Demonstrates Essendant's Core Values and role
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial or Mechanical
Engineering and at least 5 years of experience using manufacturing,
fulfillment or distribution material handling systems. OR High
School/GED and at least 10 years of experience with manufacturing,
fulfillment or distribution material handling systems.
- Expert knowledge of engineering and industry concepts and
trends related to distribution center/warehousing operations,
processes, and technologies that will increase efficiency and
reduce overall costs.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize in a
dynamic,fast-paced environment with/leading cross functional
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to
identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of
results and find solutions.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning,
organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful
completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience developing facility designs and solutions to
efficiency and operational problems.
- Understanding of Industry Standards (OSHA, IBC, NFPA, ANSI,
CEMA, RMI, RIA) and good practices in regards to hazard elimination
and risk control in engineering.
- Understanding of financial modeling and business case
development (ie. NPV, IRR,etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office365 Suite, SharePoint Online,
- At least 10 years of experience with manufacturing, fulfillment
or distribution material handling systems in the office products
industry, eCommerce or 3PL Fulfillment.
- MBA, Master's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, or
- Advanced level skill using Microsoft Office365 Suite, Power
Platform, SharePoint Online
- Experience using CAD Software (2D/3D/BIM/AutoCAD/Revit).
- Experience in Operations Research and/or Network Optimization
through academic studies or application on the job.
- Understanding of transportation/facility network design
strategy and planning for a large organization.
Keywords: Essendant, Roswell , Sr. Project Engineer (Supply Chain), Other , Suwanee, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!