Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, were committed to more more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of whats important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Performs routine and special cost analyses used to prepare
various reports in support of the companys
manufacturing efforts in accordance with corporate and
divisional policies and procedures. Provides adequate and accurate
manufacturing cost information for all sites supporting Residential
and Commercial carpet manufacturing.
Major Function and Scope:
- Maintain all components of cost sheets. Prepare and perform
accounting functions for locations. Work with engineers on labor
rate standards. Set up cost sheets on CAMS system. Performs What-If
costing for custom products. Work with upper management to ensure
proper costing and reasonability.
- Budget preparation Check specification sheets for all budget
forecasts. Assist in reviewing standards with industrial engineer
and make necessary changes. Review budget sheets for errors. Input
new Product Costs into both Cams and SAP systems.
- Assist and backup junior team members in their absence and help
document those processes, as well as improving them where needed.
Prepare daily and weekly inventory reports and inventory obsolence
and any Adoc inventory reporting.
- Verifies that inventory statistical and financial reports are
accurate and in compliance; ensures appropriate documentation is
developed and maintained as required by the organization and/or
GAAP standards and methodology; ensures a current and historical
library is maintained on all department/project activity, financial
and statistical. Oversees and audits departmental and off-site
warehousing inventory expenses, records and reports, to detect
deviations from established policies, procedures, or any fraudulent
or wasteful activity; resolve daily accounting variances and other
related issues to ensure compliance to company, SOX and other
regulatory agencies and guidelines.
- Prepare Excel worksheets compiling quantities and standard
costs. Prepare month end journal entries after verifying amounts
and accounts are correct. Prepare accruals and allocations,
including utilities and salaries. Reconciles Month-End Inventories
and prepares various reports related to inventory.
- Performs other duties as required.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field,
- Two plus years job specific experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
Access and Email, required)
- Good understanding of accounting concepts, terminology, and
practices and principles.
- Understanding of the concepts, practices, systems and
terminology of inventory management.
- Proficient in the following departmental database systems:
AS400, JD Edwards, CAMs and Internet, SAP Business
- Ability to assist with the management of the departments
budget, while maintaining and improving quality
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and interpersonal
communications skills to effectively
- Under general supervision, plans and conducts assignments,
reviews progress and results.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and problem-solving
- Understands the fundamentals of the business and establishes
priorities in line with the needs of the business.
- Effective in dealing with individuals at differing levels,
internal and external to the organization.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
Normal office environment
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that
creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawks vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the worlds largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace
and a proud Drugs Dont Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Roswell , Cost Accountant, Other , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!