Project Industrial Hygienist
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This role can can be located in our Kennesaw or Lawrenceville
Investigate sites to identify any physical or environmental
risks. Perform field studies including airborne chemical
monitoring, noise monitoring, indoor air quality, asbestos surveys
and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Develop sampling
strategies and outline required analysis. Research regulatory
standards and hazard data. Evaluate sampling results. Prepare risk
assessment reports and develop recommendations to correct and
improve the environment. Present and communicate findings and
report recommendations to clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- Career level, fully competent industrial hygiene professional
responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating
detailed phases of work for part of a major project or total of a
project of moderate scope and complexity.
- May devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- May serve as a team leader in medium projects and mentor junior
level industrial hygienists, scientists or engineers.
- Performs scientific analyses on projects of own
- May attend on and off-site client meetings.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects
by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and
collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for
both small and large projects including quality control review of
proposals written by others.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data and assembles in
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science
or related science field.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience.
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan,
and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Roswell , Project Industrial Hygienist, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!