Supervisor, Clinical ACC CDU, Urgent Care - Duluth
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provides direct supervision and coaching for Health plan staff
working 12 hour shifts, covering 24 hours per day 7 days per week
within the Acute care center (ACC) and the clinical decision unit
(CDU) or facility, working with the ACC/CDU manager, the lead ACC
physician, and MOA, to create high performance teams, providing
integrated and coordinated care that delights our customers leading
to loyalty and retention. Collaborates with the ACC/CDU Manager,
the Lead ACC physician, and MOA in managing the health care team(s)
financial performance, staffing and resource allocation within
defined parameters that enhances the overall performance of the
team, facility, and organization. Ensures the delivery of high
quality care and service 24 hours per 7 days per week, which meets
defined standards and consistent compliance with clinical
guidelines and processes optimizing operational excellence.
- Assists in the facilitation and building of self-directed
teams, by demonstrating effective team management skills
(negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring, coaching, giving and
- Assists in the development and monitoring of team/facility
budgets and financial performance using quantitative information to
manage and make decisions that enhance the teams, facility and
- Expresses self clearly and communicates timely and accurate
information both in one to one interactions and groups, allowing
for flow of information. Plans, coordinates, and facilitates
facility and/or team meetings with the Lead MD.
- Participates in the interviewing and selection of team members
that meet the clinical and behavioral parameters of a high
performance team. Coordinates selection process and orientation and
training of new health care team members.
- Manages team conflict effectively, fostering collaboration and
- Makes timely, ethical, and firm business and clinical
- Evaluates team members, receiving team input and participation
to provide timely and specific feedback and counseling, which
improves performance and staff development, conforming with
regional policy and procedures. Develops individual goals and
action plans for achievement, against established performance
standards. Coordinates performance review process with Lead MD and
serves as the liaison for input to performance from those outside
of the health care team.
- Case management for patients which requires coordination with
QRM, other providers, social workers, community and other
alternative care interventions.
- Documents patient history and interventions, using computerized
and electronic systems and processes to optimize patient care
- Ensures customer concerns are resolved by self and the team,
integrating changes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates excellent clinical knowledge and judgment,
incorporating continuous learning for self and the team that
enhances delivery of care and maintains clinical competence.
- Values diversity, fostering respect, appreciation, and
inclusion of diversity within the team and in the delivery of
culturally sensitive care.
- Collaborates with clinical educators in identifying and meeting
the educational requirements of the team, ensuring
- Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in
accordance to the Principles of Responsibility; adheres to
organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance
initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts
business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions;
follows through on commitments. Applicable federal, state and local
laws, rules and regulations and applicable accreditation
- Manages systems and processes that support patient flow and
care provided by the practitioners.
- Ensures that clinical nursing quality and competencies are
maintained per standard.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance standards are met to
include: DHR, QI, EHS, HIPAA, NCQA and HEDIS.
- In collaboration with Health Ed, Nutrition, coordinate
appropriate services and their availability to the patient panel
meeting their needs as driven by patient data.
- Provide support and back-up Manager functions in the absence of
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state
and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licenser
requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente's policies and
- Your access to protected health information (PHI) will be
limited to the minimum necessary required to effectively perform
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, you will be
accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and
principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo,
the KP Promise, and specific departmental/organizational
initiatives. You also will be accountable to consistently
demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors
necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to
each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in managing patients and families with complex
medical, psycho/social problems.
- Associate's degree or higher in a related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the
State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the
American Heart Association must be obtained prior to hire
- Demonstrated strong clinical knowledge base and judgment.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and experience in
- Ability to analyze, integrate, and use quantitative data
information in making business decisions and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and manage budgets and capitated
- Complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience, in an
ambulatory setting preferred.
- Demonstrated strong clinical knowledge base and judgment, in an
ambulatory/ER care setting preferred.
- Emergency Room and/ or Ambulatory Care nursing experience
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service
- Bachelor's degree (BSN).
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Roswell , Supervisor, Clinical ACC CDU, Urgent Care - Duluth, Other , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!