R20035631 - Intermediate Compliance Analyst-Insurance Fraud
Company: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the
future for more than 100 years, and we're proud of the trust we've
earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance,
investments, and retirement accounts. We're also in the business of
helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so
they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their
What You Will Do: As part of Transamerica's team you will help
to mitigate legal exposure/risk to the organization by enforcing
company policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Possesses
and applies broad knowledge of concepts and principles; works with
some instruction or guidance with applicable latitude for
un-reviewed action or decisions; performs more complex assignments
with direction and guidance from management.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to
Transamerica's rich history and culture. You will be working with a
team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas
and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status
quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our
business partner's needs.
What Success Looks Like:
- Review current policies and procedures; identify and help to
implement new and/or enhanced practices.
- Contribute to the development of new and/or enhanced compliance
programs and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Research current, new, and proposed regulatory requirements
(e.g., statutes, regulations, bulletins) to determine impact to
- Provide guidance and/or develop summaries related to regulatory
requirements; identify possible courses of action for various
- Analyze processes, services and products and provide ongoing
guidance to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory
- Compile information for completion of reporting, including
reports for management and state/federal regulators. Depending on
complexity of the request, perform analysis, identify trends and
follow up on opportunities for enhancement.
- Manage, oversee and analyze reports from third-parties (e.g.,
sub advisors, audit firms)
- Provide guidance and support to business partners (e.g., Sales
and Marketing) in creation of mandated product training.
- Update and maintaining complete and accurate policies,
procedures, compliance logs or files.
- Assist team members with research and assigned tasks, and
provide training to supported teams.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, pre-law or other
relevant field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Two years of regulatory, Insurance, or advertising compliance
- Areas of experience desired may vary based upon assigned
compliance functions and may include contract development, claims,
underwriting, legal research, fraud or anti-money laundering
investigations and/or communications.
- Securities and some advertising industry positions require a
general knowledge of the securities laws, regulations, rules, and
applicable FINRA licensing (Series 7 & 24 or Series 6 & 26, as
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and research skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
In addition to or in lieu of some of the general
responsibilities, additional function specific responsibilities may
Management of Regulatory and Internal
- Gather information for regulatory (e.g., state insurance
department, FINRA, SEC) and internal examinations.
- Review provided information for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in drafting responses to examiner inquiries.
- Assist in identifying root causes of adverse findings and
suggest opportunities for enhancements.
- Review and approve company, product, and producer advertising
in accordance with company guidelines and applicable state and
federal rules and regulations.
- Determine whether regulatory filings of advertising is required
and coordinate as needed.
- Maintain final copies of advertising and other related
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Participate in regulatory and corporate audits for advertising
- Research and analyze reports, referrals and alerts for
potential AML or fraud and determine whether to open or close a
case. Conduct simple and more involved external and intermediary
fraud and financial crimes investigations with direction from
senior level staff.
- Work with Operations to provide guidance on Sanctions
- Provide AML, Sanctions and fraud compliance oversight as needed
to ensure activities/transactions are consistently handled and/or
- Provide input on department processes and procedures; work with
senior levels to implement changes.
- Assist in more complex fraud and financial crimes
investigations with other senior levels.
- Coordinate annual reports and/or training for filing.
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries with direction
from senior levels.
- Foster a culture of compliance to help prevent, detect and
reduce company risk with respect to financial crime.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings and interviews with business
process owners and staff; gather data, procedures, and other
documentation necessary for performing assigned compliance
- Review internal controls and compare records, operating
practices, and documentation with test attributes applicable to
- Document audit tests and findings; appraise adequacy of
internal compliance controls, propose recommendations and
coordinate/document corrective action.
- Assist in drafting internal reports on audit findings to senior
- Participate in and contribute to periodic compliance risk
assessment process and assist in development of annual audit
- Participate in determination of audit scope; update audit
programs as assigned under the supervisor's direction.
- Work closely with CCO in management and coordination of
applicable securities industry compliance program.
- Foster a culture of compliance to help prevent, detect, and
correct violations of securities rules and regulations.
- Provide assistance to support and educate business partners,
representatives and supervisors.
- Assist in compiling information for Regulatory filings such as
the Form BD and Form ADV.
- Assist in managing internal and regulatory inquiries and
investigations involving representatives.
- Assist in reviewing and responding to customer complaints and
regulatory inquiries (e.g. FINRA, SEC) with direction from senior
- Assist in periodic testing to ensure compliance with applicable
- Review and respond to complaints from consumers or regulators
(e.g., state insurance department, FINRA, SEC, consumer)
- Identify root causes; suggest opportunities for
- Compile complaint procedures and records in support of
regulatory examination requests.
- Review and analyze new laws, regulations and DOI bulletins and
identify the company specific filed and non-filed product forms
that are impacted, if any.
- Draft new, corrected or amended documents in order to comply
with new legislation and regulations as necessary.
- Update the company product repository (TransPar) with the
updated forms and identify the forms that are no longer in
compliance as being no longer available for marketing.
- Research and communicate the requirements necessary to remedy
Corrective Action situations.
- Attend upfront product discussions to provide feedback that
aids in the development of a compliant, customer friendly product
- Determine contract design strategy (e.g. line of authority, how
to break up the forms by line of business, type of form, create new
form or tweak existing, group approach/requirements, determine if
we file in a few states first or full state filing, etc.)
- Create and maintain a product chassis of reusable provision
- Establish a process for review and updates of provision
language on a reoccurring basis (e.g. 5 year standards review)
- Foster a culture of compliance to help prevent, detect, and
reduce company risk with respect to maintaining a compliant product
portfolio and outlining the parameters in which the products are
approved for use.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It's our passion to
empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their
lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account
balance and a healthy body to match. As you'll come to discover,
Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career
Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value
differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals
and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work
Keywords: TransAmerica Life Insurance Company, Roswell , R20035631 - Intermediate Compliance Analyst-Insurance Fraud, Other , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!