Scheduler, Spine & Pain Center (PRN)
Company: Northside Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs scheduling functions as designated by practice.
Schedules surgeries, procedures and diagnostic testing. Requires
general knowledge of specified surgical procedures, exam
preparations, exam sequencing and other related functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Schedules surgeries, procedures and diagnostic testing. Obtains
patient information necessary for proper scheduling of examination
- Schedules regular office appointments and follow up
appointments as necessary.
- Schedules all pre-surgery / pre-procedure testing and
assessment if required.
- Determines staff availability and schedules surgical and pre
- Telephones patients to schedule or confirm pre assessment
appointments and surgery. Provides patient with information and
instructions as appropriate to procedure or surgery. Supplies
patients with correct instructions and reviews instructions with
patients. Is able to answer routine questions concerning nature or
length of procedure. Discerns when questions require referral to
- Acts as the direct liaison for office manager and
- Maintains a helpful/professional attitude toward staff,
patients, physicians or clients.
- Responsible for retrieving, maintaining, copying/printing,
filing, and distributing reports and other documents; coordinates
courier service as needed.
- Completes appropriate paper work scheduled surgeries and
diagnostic procedures. Gathers clinical information ensures
information required to complete department forms and application
is complete and accurate.
- May work directly with insurance companies to obtain
precertification authorization on behalf of the physician. May
necessitate communication directly with patients, other departments
or outside organizations.
- Receives and reviews schedules to identify accounts/cases
- Communicates and follows-up with physician offices, hospital
departments and insurance companies to determine whether
precertification has been initiated. If precept has not been
initiated, works directly with insurer to obtain precertification
approval and ensure reimbursement.
- Receives feedback from physicians and office staff regarding
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical terminology
- One year previous medical related clerical experience
- Demonstrated organizational and communication/customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in utilization of computer
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with
individuals in all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to work independently.
Keywords: Northside Hospital, Roswell , Scheduler, Spine & Pain Center (PRN), Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!