Certified Nursing Asst-CNA BAH
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is
dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive
competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional
perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be
challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck;
you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing
programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional
needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and
the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
We believe that in order to best serve our
residents and patients, we need to first serve our
associates. One way we do that is through our benefits.
Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Provides direct care to clients, while
promoting the client’s highest level of functioning, as directed by
the BAH Agency Leader and/or under the supervision of a licensed
nurse when applicable by state rule. Assists in maintaining the
client’s environment in a safe and neat manner. Promotes quality
services within non-skilled home care standards as well as
applicable state home care agency regulations.
- Receives and communicates changes in the client’s care needs
and requested changes in specific home care services to the BAH
Agency Leader as needed.
- Provides personal care and/or concierge/homemaker/companion
services to the client per their individualized plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinence care. Makes
incontinence checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed when providing care greater than 2 hours in a
- Keeps client’s home neat and clean.
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as per client’s care plan.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and other ADL care according to the plan of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the home care agency’s policy
& procedures pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, visitors
and the BAH agency leader and scheduler.
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of client care practices and
maintains compliance with required annual training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Maintains means to travel to client’s homes to arrive on time
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor.
Certification of completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant
course is required. Six months experience in long term care is
Certifications, Licenses, and Other
Successful completion of State C.N.A. course.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Physical Demands and Working
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer
and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Roswell , Certified Nursing Asst-CNA BAH, Other , Roswell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!