Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What You Will Do
Responsible for promoting, facilitating, and maintaining health,
well-being, and participation in life through engagement in
occupation under the supervision of and in partnership with an
- Provides skilled interventions in accordance with the physician
approved plan of care and under the direction and supervision of an
- Provides documentation of each visit according to AOTA
Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for
inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient's response to
treatment and any change in the patient's condition to the
supervising OT, physician, and other appropriate clinical
- Provides patient/caregiver resources for future ADL/IADL
- Promotes wellness and prevention by promotion of occupational
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart
audit activities, quality improvement activities, including OBQI
and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the
Occupational Therapist-client relationship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of available community
resources/services. Makes recommendations for follow-up care in
coordination with the care center that admitted the
- Keeps abreast of occupational therapy trends and knowledge for
the service provision, documentation skills, and care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as an occupational
therapy assistant specific to state the employee is assigned to
work by the Company.
- Graduate of an occupational therapist program accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of
the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA), or
successor organizations of ACOTE;
And, is eligible to take, or has successfully completed, the
entry-level certification examination for occupational therapy
assistants developed and administered by the National Board for
Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT).
- One (1 ) year related occupational therapy experience to ensure
that knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide
occupational therapy services to patients.
If less than one (1) year experience, approval from regional
clinical leaders is required as well as appropriate mentoring
and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Roswell , Occupational Therapy Assistant, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!