Manufacturing Supervisor 2 (Day Shift)
Company: Ricoh Electronics Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Looking for a challenging and exciting career opportunity as
Manufacturing Supervisor II ? Imagine being a team member of Ricoh
Electronics, Inc (REI) with a rich history of environmental
conservation, community involvement, and steady company growth. REI
is one of 229 consolidated companies, which comprise Ricoh Company,
Ltd., a leading provider of document management solutions, IT
services, commercial and industrial printing, digital cameras and
industrial systems. REI produces thermal media and toner products
at our facilities in Lawrenceville and Buford, GA.
We are looking for a top talented Manufacturing Supervisor II
for 1st shift, overseeing three shifts (24 hrs), to join REI's
Toner Operations in our Lawrenceville, GA campus! In this vital
role as a Manufacturing Supervisor II you will need to have a
technical background to support our fast-paced environment and
highly automated Toner manufacturing operations. You will oversee
the daily work activities of toner process operators, troubleshoot
equipment, production and quality problems, and maintain daily
production records and progress reports.
- Model the "safety first" behaviors we expect of all employees
by ensuring that operational procedures and processes are performed
safely and provide a safe work environment.
- Planning daily operations and make routine adjustments to work
assignments, production processes, and equipment to meet production
schedules and targets while maintaining SEQCD standards.
- Supervise three (3) shifts (24 hrs) with work performance of
hourly employees, which includes giving daily work direction,
training and coaching for development, conducting performance
appraisals, monitoring attendance, and administering disciplinary
action as needed.
- Provide production support by troubleshooting production
problems and/or product quality issues involving manufacturing
- Investigate and determine the root cause of failures and
problems and recommend countermeasures or changes, collaborating
with Maintenance, Engineering and QC
- Participate in the testing and implementation of new products
into production, including monitoring process and gathering data on
- Analyze production data and identify trends, problems, and
opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct tours of production area to provide management support
for problem resolution and policy compliance, and ensure work
instructions, company policies, quality and safety standards are
followed at all times.
- Frequently interacts with peers and other staff in internal
operational depts. Occasional communication with vendors and
suppliers to resolve product scheduling or quality issues. Minimal
- Perform a variety of administrative duties which include
developing procedures, forms, and presentations; generating daily
production and quality reports and statistics; reconciling
inventory; and promoting and guiding employees' participation in
Kaizen, safety circle, and 5S activities.
Qualified candidates will possess
- Bachelor's degree or vocational/technical certification in
manufacturing technology or related field preferred.
- 2+ yrs of recent supervisory experience overseeing three (3)
shifts (24 hrs) in a continuous fast paced production/manufacturing
environment; preferably in a chemical, pharmaceutical, or food type
industry; no assembly background.
- Experience in batching, mixing, molding, assembly and/or powder
filling operations preferred.
- Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Continuous/Process
Improvement, Production Planning, Problem-Solving, Technical
Troubleshooting, and Strategic Planning.
- Speak and understand English.
- Good communication both verbal and written skills, including
presentation and facilitation skills in order to effectively
interact with all business levels.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability
to interface positively within the department and cross
functionally with other departments and lead effectively and
efficiently in a team environment to support company
- Self-motivated, able to function autonomously, well-organized,
detail-oriented and efficient under pressure; ability to exercise
- Proactive and creative work style to identify, troubleshoot,
and resolve obstacles and challenges that impact productivity and
- Hands-on manufacturing equipment operation and general
maintenance expertise - including line and process layout, and
proven experience with OEE to drive efficiency.
- Good math skills to calculate yields, variances, material and
- Intermediate level of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
skills, along with experience in writing procedures, and creating
forms, visual aids, graphs, and presentations.
AA/M/F/VETERANS/Individuals with Disabilities, EOE, Drug-Free
Keywords: Ricoh Electronics Inc, Roswell , Manufacturing Supervisor 2 (Day Shift), Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!