Float Care Transitions Coordinator RN/LPN
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
Home health and hospice is an ever-evolving environment where you
reap the rewards of your commitment on a team that inspires you to
go big and deliver beyond expectations.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
The Float Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison
position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care
for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice
environment. The position has two separate and distinct general
responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for
home health or hospice services, directly communicating with and
assessing the patient to improve the patient's transition from the
inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral
relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance
with Amedisys policies and procedures.
- After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care
provider, the Care Transitions Coordinator visits the patient
onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient's clinical
needs and gather clinical information.
- The Float Care Transitions Coordinator uses a Point of Service
computer application to collect referred patient data onsite and
transmit it to the agency. The Care Transitions Coordinator also
facilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing
education and obtaining the necessary information required for
successful transition to home.
- The Float Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for
ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that
physician to oversee the home health plan of care.
- Face to Face documentation must also be noted in Point of
Service computer and communicated to appropriate care center.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for
establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with
facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company
policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing
referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator has a strong focus to help
reduce ACH 30 day -hospitalizations.
This position will Float and be the right hand for CTC team. They
would cover Wellstar, Kennestone Hospital, Eastside, Gwinnett
Medical Center, Dekalb Medical Center and most of Metro Hospitals
- Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with one (1+) year successful experience in
healthcare, business development, or related industry.
- Successful previous experience in business development,
outreach, or healthcare related role.
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical
Nurse license in the state of service. MSW, LCSW, PT, PTA, OT, OTA,
SLP, and PA are considered in some cases.
- Experience in Home Health or healthcare business
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Roswell , Float Care Transitions Coordinator RN/LPN, Other , LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!