Mech II - Weekend Nights
Posted on: September 15, 2021
What You Will Do
The focus of the maintenance team is to keep equipment in the
Regional Distribution Center (RDC) fully operational. The
Maintenance Mechanic II is a knowledgeable repair person with
exposure to and experience with RDC systems and building
components. The Maintenance Mechanic II has specialist knowledge
and complex repair capability in two of the following areas:
conveyors, rolling stock, or building. In addition, the individual
in this role has general knowledge and basic repair capability in
the other area outside her/his specialty. In all instances, the
Maintenance Mechanic II has sufficient electrical and mechanical
knowledge to safely and independently repair equipment in the RDC.
The Maintenance Mechanic II is able to integrate her/his trade
skills, classroom knowledge, and systems experience to recognize
and diagnose equipment issues, determine the type of repair needed,
prioritize and plan the work, obtain or order the appropriate spare
parts, and execute the repair. This person is capable of mentoring
a Utility and Maintenance Mechanic I, but also seeks assistance
from the Maintenance Coach, when needed.
What We're Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that may be changed/modified by
management based on the needs of the facility.
• Requires availability to work morning, afternoon, nights, or
weekends depending upon assigned shift and overtime based on the
needs of the facility.
• Requires on-call support.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the
physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such
• Must be able to use tools and complete maintenance related tasks
that require fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
• Must be able to work safely with corrosive materials and at
heights of 20+ feet.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds; ability to lift up to
What You Need To Succeed
• Possess a valid state driver’s license
• 4 years of maintenance experience
• 2 years of experience in each of her/his two specialty areas
• Experience repairing and providing technical training in standard
electrical/electronic voltages (51-599) volt systems and above
• If required by local regulations, certified to perform work at a
Senior Mechanic level (such as electrical work in the state of
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Able to see objects and discriminate color
• High school diploma or technical school graduate
• Experience and/or certification with welding and fabrication
• Certification for electrical work and/or high voltage work
• Experience operating various maintenance and operations vehicles
• Demonstrated track record of addressing equipment/system
irregularities in his/her specialty area, consequently avoiding or
reducing equipment/system failures and down time
• Experience reading blueprints, schematics, and other technical
Keywords: Lowe's, Roswell , Mech II - Weekend Nights, Other , Adairsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!