Director of Payroll
Company: National Vision
Posted on: October 11, 2021
At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to
see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality
eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United
States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of
Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands: America’s
Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside
select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores
and on select military bases. We employ over 13,000 people
including a network of over 2,000 optometrists. We offer an
innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is
praised, and career growth is a reality.
National Vision is currently looking for a Director, Payroll to
join our growing team!
The Director of Payroll oversees the payroll for the entire
organization and follows wage and hour compliance along with
National Vision Inc. policies and procedures.
What Would You Do? The Specifics?
- Directs payroll operations (payroll processing and
garnishments) and payroll tax (multi-state and federal payroll tax)
functions to ensure all payroll processes and responsibilities are
being achieved, completed in a timely manner and are in compliance
with federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrates and promotes strong customer service through
collaboration with employees, legal, accounting, HR and IT.
- Identifies business improvement opportunities to ensure payroll
accuracy and efficiency in support of continued growth.
- Manages the relationship of payroll vendors and service
- Implements strategic initiatives impacting payroll
- Oversees technology projects including enhancements and
implementations to ensure project planning, testing, process
development and procedures are sufficient to support the
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll, garnishments,
and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes
leading to best-practice operations. Maintains and updates payroll
related policies and procedures.
- Prepares for payroll audits and ensures team is following
compliance and best practices.
- Main point of contact for Accounting and Finance teams to
enhance collaboration/communication and manage issues to
- Stays abreast of multi-state regulatory requirements and
- Coaches, develops, and manages direct team members to build
organizational capability and provide opportunities for job
- Ensures service excellence is a key priority among all team
members and serves as a role model by embodying the characteristics
of strong leadership.
- Makes recommendations to the annual budget.
- 9+ years progressive Human Resources or Payroll experience.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience. in Business.
Licenses, Certifications, Professional
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)-APA Or equivalent
- Microsoft Office: Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience with Time and Attendance Systems,
Dayforce/Dimensions Preferred. (Required)
- Experience with Cognos report writing. (Preferred)
- Able to meet strict deadlines (Required)
- Experience with multiple payroll systems- UltiPro Preferred.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
NVI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Keywords: National Vision, Roswell , Director of Payroll, Other , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!