Posted on: November 19, 2021
Company Details: Responsibilities: The Underwriter reports to
the Territory Sales Manager and collaborates with him/her to
develop and maintain strong and effective agency relationships that
result in writing high quality profitable commercial insurance
accounts. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited
- Analyzes commercial lines accounts to make decisions based on
individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard
recognition and control. Utilizes underwriting guidelines to ensure
compliance with state regulations. Within delegated authority
levels, accepts, rejects or modifies new and/or renewal business to
ensure a profitable book of business.
- Prices business according to Company underwriting and pricing
guidelines. Assists less experienced underwriters in the handling
of high hazard or more complex accounts. Ability to use creativity
and underwriting knowledge to write risks and retain business.
- Partners with Territory Managers to support marketing
activities by developing ongoing relationships with agents to
discuss market appetite, quality and profitability of submissions,
service standards, and underwriting and/or product changes.
Communicates with agents on underwriting issues including decisions
on cancellations, declinations, exposure concerns, and survey
- Partners with Territory Managers to identify issues or patterns
and works to resolve or improve them; participates in agency
planning and review processes; and may identify sales and marketing
opportunities. Takes a lead role relative to Key Account review and
- Travels, with or without Territory Manager, to assigned agent
locations to develop agency partnerships.
- Trains and educates agency staff on Company products, services,
processes, and underwriting philosophy.
- Assists in training and serves as a technical resource to other
underwriters as needed.
- Attends industry workshops/meetings each year. Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education
and work experience.
- Minimum of 2-5 years commercial lines underwriting experience,
including but not limited to CGL, Property, Packages, BOP, Auto,
Crime, IM, Umbrella and/or WC.
- CPCU Designation or other equivalent coursework preferred.
- Good organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks
and effectively prioritize.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial lines products and
contract knowledge including regulatory and policy differences
among applicable states.
- Demonstrated depth in negotiation, analytical and
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted
- Ability to effectively and independently manage complex
workload while exhibiting very sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with
agents and other departments and must also exemplify superior
teamwork. Additional Company Details: The Company is an equal
employment opportunity employer. Additional Requirements: COVID-19
vaccine required unless prohibited by law.
Keywords: Berkley, Roswell , Underwriter, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!