Swim Instructor II - Forsyth County
Company: YMCA of Atlanta
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals
with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare
locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than
25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve
kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest
provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia,
the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the
teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare
teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in
healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs
designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active.
A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids,
our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about
meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be
focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our
cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. The Swim Instructor II at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and
respects all individuals and provides direct leadership,
instruction and motivation for students in both group and/or
private/semi-private swim classes.
Minimum Requirements :
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and
Emergency Oxygen certifications required.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in
accordance with YMCA standards.
- Principles of Youth Development E-Learning (within 30 days of
- Y-USA Leader Certification (within 90 days of hire)
- At least 17 years of age.
- At least 6 months experience.
Ongoing Responsibilities :
- Instructs swimming lessons (both group and private) in
accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans
accordingly, and supports members and program participants in
achieving their goals.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers,
members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of
the organization; helps participants and families connect with each
other and the YMCA; and encourages parent or caregiver
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as
appropriate refers program participants and families to other
- Maintains records as required (e.g., attendance, progress
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures,
including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and
accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
- Supports and leads quarterly inservices.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Developing Self & Others
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the
stated satisfaction of members and ensuring a safe, clean and
controlled environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in
what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to
communities where everyone belongs.
Forsyth County Family YMCA Associated topics: anchor, broadcaster,
host, lifestyle, multimedia, on air, publicist, sports broadcaster,
sports journalist, vj
Keywords: YMCA of Atlanta, Roswell , Swim Instructor II - Forsyth County, Other , Cumming, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!