Histologist PRN Days
Company: AdventHealth Gordon
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description Histology Technologist PRN Days - AdventHealth
Gordon and Murray Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Rd Calhoun, GA
30701 Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon: Located in the
foothills of North Georgia Mountains Co-workers that feel like
family Faith based organization Employee Referral Program
Educational Reimbursement Plans What You Will Be Responsible
- Build collaborative professional relationships to create
- Work independently in a professional team-oriented
- Has written and oral communication skills adequate to
comprehend technical material and communicate with medical
- Accountability to learn and implement processes that improves
- Perform procedures within the approved guidelines to meet
turnaround time standards and maintain quality patient care.
- Perform procedures on surgical specimens including but not
limited to tissue samples and body fluid specimens. - Repeat
procedures where appropriate
- Receive clinical and pre-operative diagnostic information to
aid in the selection of testing and aid the pathologist in the
anatomic interpretation of the specimen.
- Receives tissue or cytology requisitions from ancillary
departments and physicians for routine or reference laboratory
- Transport body fluids and exudates to the appropriate
department for testing performed outside of anatomic pathology.
- Assist supervisors and co-workers in the daily operation of all
areas of the laboratory as needed.
- Able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations
with little or no supervision.
- Practices histology, which means is responsible for the
preparation of materials or specimens taken from the human body to
provide information or materials for use in the diagnosis,
prevention or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical
- Perform, review, approve and maintain quality control testing
on products, reagent, equipment and various testing kits.
- Maintain all reagents according to manufacturers and regulatory
- Perform and maintain maintenance records for daily, weekly,
monthly, annual and as needed maintenance on all equipment.
- Perform calibrations on all equipment.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory instrumentation as
- Assists radiology in the collection process on patients of any
age, including infants, children, adolescents, adults and
- After proper instruction, must be able to operate any
scientific instrument and perform any required procedure. - Must be
able to use independent judgment and knowledge to perform related
- Must possess sufficient academic, technical and clinical skills
and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve
day-to-day problems that arise or special projects as assigned by
- Oversee the work of non-independent practitioners (technicians
& phlebotomist) and trainees.
- In the absence of the supervisor, may be designated to serve as
- Near visual acuity is required to read detailed instructions
and to examine specimens.
- Must possess technical reading skills in order to be able to
read and comprehend technical manuals, package inserts and
technical updated material.
- Communicate with the approved reference labs for testing,
ordering supplies, obtaining results, and problem resolutions.
- Perform routine histology procedures to include embedding,
block cutting, staining, cover slipping, labeling, and
accessioning. - Perform requested special stains to assist in the
- Maintains wet tissue, cytology fluids, paraffin blocks, and
slides according to JCAHO and GHR guidelines.
- Assists pathologist directly in frozen section
- Interact with off-site transcription to provide information to
aid in the completion of the working draft and final pathology
report that is distributed to physicians and placed in the
patient's permanent records. Qualifications What You Will Need:
- 1 year of approved clinical laboratory experience
- Computers, telephone, fax, copier, printers, microtome,
cryostat, microscope, stainer, cover slipper, tissue processor,
embedding center, monitored refrigerators & freezers, and
centrifuges. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1 year of approved clinical laboratory experience EDUCATION AND
- Preferred Associate or Bachelor of Science, in biology,
chemistry, or related health science
- Preferred mathematical, computer reasoning, and language skills
at the college level (1 year)
- ASCP Certification LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
- - - - - - See Licensure, Certification or Registration
preferred LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Histology ASCP or equivalent Job Summary: Under the immediate
supervision of the Pathologist, Assistant Laboratory Manager and
the Director of Laboratory services, the Histology Technologist
prepares samples for clinical testing in the histology/pathology
area of the laboratory. - A Histology Technologist obtains or
receives specimens, prepares samples to be evaluated for the
pathologist by using standardized procedures, understands the
method principle, performs quality control, and performs
preventative maintenance. The Histology Technologist works
independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines,
records all data obtained and maintains job competence. The
position also involves effective communication and interpersonal
skills. This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations
Keywords: AdventHealth Gordon, Roswell , Histologist PRN Days, Other , Calhoun, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!