Assistant Machine Operator
Company: Peachtree Packaging and Display
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Assistant Flexo Machine Operator is responsible for assisting
Press Operator to operate cylinder press that automatically
performs multi-operations, such as printing, slotting, slitting, or
shearing to form corrugated products from corrugated board.
Peachtree Packaging & Display offers medical, dental, vision, life,
short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, and critical
illness insurance plans. Additionally, we offer paid time off, paid
holidays, quarterly bonus programs, FSA plans, and a 401k (100%
match up to 4% & vested at 90 days!) plan. These benefits are
offered after 90 days of continuous employment.
($18+/hr. - commensurate with experience - 2nd or 3rd Shift + Bonus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General knowledge and understanding of cylinder press process
- Learn to log in/out, enter job codes, and shift quantities into
- Learn to complete/maintain the cleanliness of the press, press
area, plate and die area, floor, and the facility.
- Learn to coordinate activities to maximize the quality and
efficiency of make-ready, runs, wash-ups, maintenance, and general
- Learn to review of job bag for changes, special instructions,
and any other pertinent information.
- Learn to set up and verify the placement of specified anilox
rolls, dies, setting print cylinders in proper print stages,
filling ink and/or adhesive pans, and the proper substrate and
laminate material at the press.
- Learn to set up and verify the placement of the correct inks,
coating, varnish, and/or laminate adhesive.
- Learn to monitor, upkeep, and change doctor blades.
- Learn to plate mounting-ability to mount own plates,
verification of plate registration, and unwind position prior to
placement in press (plates mounted on own).
- Learn to set up and verify correct plate and die registration,
unwind position, size/height/width during make ready.
- Learn to evaluate and adjust register during make-ready and
- Learn to evaluate and adjust color during make-ready to achieve
the targeted color and/or the acceptability of all color matches
and/or communicating the need for assistance to a supervisor.
- Learn to proofreading the job, making any adjustments or fixes,
and communicating printing problems to a supervisor prior to the
beginning of running mode.
- Learn to set-up of additional finishing equipment as
- Learn to record of all data and comments regarding the position
of colors, plates, and anilox rolls on the ink history sheet.
- Learn to Evaluate/monitor plate die register, color and defects
during the run and making adjustments accordingly (using a video
camera as much as possible).
- Learn to maintain ink and coating levels during
- Learn to pull samples.
- Learn to verify that an adequate number of good count/feet have
been run to satisfy the order quantity.
- Learn to track and record make-ready and run footage.
- Learn to complete/coordinate: dies are placed in the correctly
identified storage container. Advise Production Supervisor if die
requires sharpening and/or repair.
- Learn to complete/coordinate all inks are put back in
identified containers and placed in the appropriate inventory
- Learn to verify all job-related items (job bag and contents,
Flexo Inspection Verification signoffs, Job History Sheet, press
and press area clean, etc.) are complete prior to the next
- Report any safety concerns to management immediately.
- Proper disposal of razor blades and doctor blades.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Follow established department policies, procedures, work
instructions, and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Follow all PPE policies, including gloves, safety glasses, and
hearing protection as required.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Minimum (1) year in machine operation with Folder gluers, Flexo
folder gluer, various die cutters.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Knowledge of Finishing Machine Operation.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Ability to use specific computer software to enter and utilize
information in our computer business systems.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematics including
additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work
- Demonstrates ability to use rulers, calipers, micrometers, and
other inspection equipment.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant
overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a
- Assist other areas as needed to maintain a team approach.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet set targets and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Standing, walking, talking, hearing, and vision are required
over 95% of the time. Bending, twisting, and reaching are required
less than 95% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time
while pushing and pulling are required about 20% of the time. Low
levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) are required about 10% of the
time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 50 pounds)
are required less than 5% of the time.
- Employer-paid basic life & long-term disability insurance
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer pays 60% of premiums for
employees & legal dependents)
- Supplemental life, short-term disability, accident & critical
illness insurance plans also available
- FSA (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k (4% match & vested at 90 days of employment)
- Paid holidays & paid time off
- All benefits listed above are available at 90 days of
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. supports equal employment opportunities.
Peachtree Packaging, Inc. will provide equal employment in
employment practices to all employees and applicants for
employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, gender
identity, disability, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Peachtree Packaging and Display, Roswell , Assistant Machine Operator, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!