Seasonal Merchandising Associate-Lawrenceville, GA
Company: Spectrum Brands Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Home & Garden business unit of Spectrum Brands is based in St.
Louis, Missouri with distribution, manufacturing and sales offices
throughout the US and globe. We are a leading supplier of consumer
products nationally for the home, lawn and garden, insect and weed
control markets. We deliver groundbreaking products of exceptional
value and top-notch quality to consumers with our well-recognized
brands including Spectracide -, Hot Shot -, Cutter -, Repel -,
Black Flag -, Garden Safe -, EcoLogic - and Liquid Fence -.
Come join our team!! As a Seasonal Merchandiser with Spectrum
Brands, you will play an essential role in the success of our
business during our peak spring season! As you bring your energy
and expertise, you will service the Home & Garden departments in
our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowes. As part of the
day-to-day responsibilities the Merchandiser will be responsible
for servicing a given territory, completing re-sets and promoting
the sale of our company's consumer packaged goods products through
listening to the consumers and asking the right questions. In order
to do this the Merchandiser with establish a positive rapport with
store personnel and customers, built loyalty and relay information
to Spectrum Brands Sales team regarding inventory wins or
opportunities. You must be able to work with minimal to no
supervision and have reliable transportation. Seasonal assignments
will have an end date of September 30th, subject to change based on
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintaining store presentation standards through building
displays, fixture installation, store sets, shelf maintenance, down
stock, retrofits, inventory reconciliation, display maintenance and
* Identify opportunities for incremental display space to drive
* Provide product knowledge training to store personnel with the
intention of allowing them to better drive sales to the end
* Cover multiple stores daily in an assigned territory
* Generating sales by increasing brand awareness and trial through
direct interactions with consumers in assigned stores.
* Participate in promotional events in assigned territory
* Assist and monitor customer satisfaction.
* Must understand and demonstrate safe work practices at all times
to ensure a safe work environment.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
We are willing to train the right candidate!
Education and Experience Profile
* An equivalent combination of:
* High school diploma or GED preferred but NOT REQUIRED and;
* 1 to 2 years previous sales or retail experience ideal.
* Ability to work flexible hours is required, weekend and evening
hours may be required depending on location
* Professional communication skills and ability to communicate
effectively with multiple audiences- consumers, store personnel,
and internal information sharing
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Competitive drive to succeed
* Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 60 lbs.
* Ability to travel extensively using personal transportation
within territory with the potential for overnight travel as
* High level of initiative
* Ability to work effectively with a high level of independence
* Problem solving ability
* The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands
to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* Ability to climb ladders and the employee must frequently (or
occasionally) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
* The noise level and working conditions may be similar to those
for a warehouse facility.
* Exposure to weather conditions while traveling between assigned
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Spectrum Brands Inc., Roswell , Seasonal Merchandising Associate-Lawrenceville, GA, Other , Lawrenceville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!