Company: UFP Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Saw Operator I is responsible for the set up and operation of a
single-blade saw. Works under immediate supervision; relies on
specific instructions and guidelines to complete the job.
- Reads production scheduling sheets and identifies required
material for the operation.
- Ensures material meets quality specifications (grade, size,
moisture content, etc).
- Performs setups according to specifications.
- Feeds material according to specifications.
- Periodically checks equipment to ensure specifications are
- Offloads and stacks material in accordance with established
procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that
equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and
reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality
procedures, rules, and standards.
- Performs LOTO as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as specified.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED is preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 months experience using saws or similar equipment;
some experience in manufacturing and assembling is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and
- Demonstrate ability to use and operate dangerous/heavy
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and
notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in
- Ability to complete production reporting
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to learn/understand cuts and yields
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance to the
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Open to change and positive attitude
- Committed to plant and company goals
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department
Keywords: UFP Industries, Inc., Roswell , Saw Operator, Other , Adairsville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!