Speech Language Pathologist - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Company: Cambridge Post Acute Care Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Plan and administer a speech therapy program for patients/residents
to facilitate rehabilitation of disabled patients/residents
following illness, disease or injury.
* Review and evaluate physician referrals and patient/resident
medical records to determine speech therapy treatment required.
* Plan and prepare written treatment program based on evaluation of
available patient/resident data.
* Confer with physician and other health practitioners to obtain
additional patient/resident information, suggest revisions in
treatment program, and integrate speech therapy treatment with
other aspects of patient/resident care.
* Record patient/resident treatment, response, and progress.
* Assist the rehab director, medical director and administrator in
planning speech therapy services as needed.
* Supervise speech therapy aides. May instruct and supervise the
clinical portion of training for students participating in speech
* Diagnose and evaluate speech and language competencies of
individuals, including assessment of speech, language, swallowing
and aural skills a related to educational, medical, social and
* Plan, direct and conduct treatment programs to restore
communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems
of organic and non-organic etiology.
* Diagnose and treat patients with swallowing disorders utilizing
bedside assessment techniques as well as swallow studies performed
by outside consultation.
* Select treatment programs suited to individual capacity to
achieve maximum functional benefit.
* Maintain documentation consistent with third party
* Conduct on the job training for new employees. Adapt existing
training materials to meet immediate needs.
* Assist in the recruitment of staff to provide needed
* Attend department meetings and/or sit on required committees.
* Participate in developing and updating department policies and
procedures, and maintain required records and reports as outlined
in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
* Participate in department budget planning with rehab
* Develop specifications for commonly used items.
* Maintain confidentiality of necessary information.
* Utilize supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
* Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of
the job without being thrown off stride.
* Perform any miscellaneous work assignments as may be
* Follow established infection control precautions; adhere to
Universal Blood and Body Fluid precautions following policy and
center specific infection control policies and procedures.
* Credentialed graduate of an accredited college or university with
a master's degree in speech language pathology and valid
Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC), or completing Clinical
Fellowship Year (CFY). Licensed in the state where practicing.
* Prior experience in speech pathology preferred.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying
of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
* Travel within a local area as needed for patient treatment.
* Ability to work inside with exposure to some disagreeable
* Communicate effectively with residents, other therapy staff, and
facility staff in general.%30298983%
Keywords: Cambridge Post Acute Care Center, Roswell , Speech Language Pathologist - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!!, Other , Snellville, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!