Tax Supervisor Accountant
Company: BJM Employer Inc
Posted on: January 23, 2023
BJM Group is a network of local accounting firms throughout Georgia
and Florida. We acquire firms with strong community presence,
stellar reputations and deep client relationships and then invest
in their future through technology, operations, training, staffing,
marketing, and other essential resources. While the local firms
under BJM may differ, we are one network and one team with a
unified mission of profitable growth and outstanding client
service: providing top-notch accounting, tax, auditing,
bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our Company is growing! And we
are looking for an experienced Tax Supervisor Accountant to join
our team at the Duluth, Georgia branch location! Read the
description below and apply today. To learn more about BJM Group,
please visit Why Should you work for BJM?
- We offer 100% Employer paid HSA Health Insurance with dental &
- We match dollar for dollar up to 4% in 401k - Employee
contributions 100% vested from hire!
- We value work/life balance. Offering 10 paid holidays, 17 days
paid time off (PTO), comp time (for applicable staff) and remote
- We pay for professional development, certifications and
- We reward stellar performance with opportunities to earn
- We have a free employee discount program!
- We are committed to providing a healthy and wholesome workplace
culture with a team environment that is both positive and
- We are a growing network of firms with lots of opportunities
for career growth & advancement!Job Summary:The Tax Supervisor is
responsible for preparing and filing complex tax returns. You will
be tasked with tax research and compiling supporting financial
statements and responding to inquiries from regulatory agencies.
You will also be responsible for training and reviewing returns
prepared by lower level accountants and preparing financial reports
to track the firm's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax
liabilities, and other related financial activities.Location:
Duluth, GA (hybrid)Classification: Full Time - ExemptSalary: $65k-
- Train and review returns prepared by lower level
accountantsDuties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of individual and business income tax
- Perform tax planning.
- Research tax issues, responds to regulatory agencies and
provide guidance to clients.
- Develop and maintain professional rapport with clients.
- Prepare clients accounting through financial statements.
- Provide training and assistance to lower level accountants for
accuracy and completion of tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Required Skills and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; proactive,
deadline-driven, and able to work independently.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office suite and bookkeeping
software, including QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in tax software programs. Experience in UltraTax,
Fixed Assets, Practice CS, and AdvanceFlow under Thomson Reuters, a
plus.Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or related field
- Three (3) years or more of recent public tax experience
- CPA or EA preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
computer.BJM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status,
genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with
Keywords: BJM Employer Inc, Roswell , Tax Supervisor Accountant, Other , Duluth, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!